'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Texas freshman guard Arterio Morris continues to play even while he faces his own misdemeanor domestic violence charge stemming from an altercation with a former girlfriend in June. Morris has played in all nine games this season and scored two points in nine minutes against Rice. He has a court hearing on the misdemeanor charge in Denton County court outside Dallas on Wednesday.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Trying to piece things together so I'll just ask you guys. So he has a history of this behavior back to Tech days? Or no?

Reason I ask is I saw in his contract with Texas they can fire him for cause for any behavior,etc....that puts the school in a bad light. Only reason this is odd to me is that A) Texas must have known about past and B) College Coaches contracts are usually so one sided in favor of coach I'm surprised they would agree to it.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trying to piece things together so I'll just ask you guys. So he has a history of this behavior back to Tech days? Or no?

Reason I ask is I saw in his contract with Texas they can fire him for cause for any behavior,etc....that puts the school in a bad light. Only reason this is odd to me is that A) Texas must have known about past and B) College Coaches contracts are usually so one sided in favor of coach I'm surprised they would agree to it.

Didn't some schools pass on him during the hiring process because of "red flags"?

Even if this was the first time he's been arrested or reported there is typically a pattern to DV. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I read that if he’s charged with a felony, he’s in violation of contract. Hence the suspension ‘without pay’ which is significant! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I saw that that clause is standard for UT coaches. Probably standard at most schools. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

I saw that that clause is standard for UT coaches. Probably standard at most schools. 

Yeah.  In this day and age I would have to believe schools put some sort of "character" clauses in those contracts.  Chris Beard is just the latest coach to embarrass himself and a school.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah.  In this day and age I would have to believe schools put some sort of "character" clauses in those contracts.  Chris Beard is just the latest coach to embarrass himself and a school.

I won't hold it against Texas. Not the same way as others anyway. 

I still despise PedoSU and Michigan State. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I won't hold it against Texas. Not the same way as others anyway. 

I still despise PedoSU and Michigan State. 

Agree - Texas, at least at this point, it's a one off with Beard and they suspended him without pay pretty quickly while details unfold.

PSU and MSU covered up systemic sexual assault for years (and MSU still employs a certain basketball coach that was involved).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Agree - Texas, at least at this point, it's a one off with Beard and they suspended him without pay pretty quickly while details unfold.

PSU and MSU covered up systemic sexual assault for years (and MSU still employs a certain basketball coach that was involved).

Still waiting for Izzo to comment on that too.....as he said he would. 

• Like 1