'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I used to watch a lot of NFL football.  Lost interest after the Colts started sucking and all the kneeling and politicking infected the league.  I realize it's still pretty popular, but I've personally lost interest.  I'm holding my breath and hoping the NIL doesn't ruin college athletics.

Already had ruined college sports 

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Too late. NIL has already ruined college recruiting. 

I used to be a big NFL fan, but the games just aren’t as interesting. 

College football tends to be better, except the games last 12 hours

I’m sorry but this is a strange take. The quality of the games themselves isn’t even comparable. Like it’s laughably better in the NFL.

I certainly understand the non-football stuff and to each their own, but let’s not say it’s because the quality of NFL football and the competitive balance is better in college. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I’m sorry but this is a strange take. The quality of the games themselves isn’t even comparable. Like it’s laughably better in the NFL.

I certainly understand the non-football stuff and to each their own, but let’s not say it’s because the quality of NFL football and the competitive balance is better in college. 

No question the competitive balance is better in the NFL. I don’t like the fact that a few teams dominate college ball. And no question the talent level is better in the NFL. But, to me, the average CFB game is more entertaining to watch than the average NFL game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

No question the competitive balance is better in the NFL. I don’t like the fact that a few teams dominate college ball. And no question the talent level is better in the NFL. But, to me, the average CFB game is more entertaining to watch than the average NFL game

I mean to each their own, but the average NFL game either team could win and it takes 3 hours. The average college game is likely a blowout and takes 4 hours. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

CFB will only get better in a couple years when there are 12 teams in the playoff. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

OK gang, living down here is southern Indiana, we here in Evansville are tired of the dismal showing of the Purple Aces year after year.

But...... Guess who is tied for the OVC lead?? Why it's the newcomer, the USI Screamin' Eagles!!!

How about that in their first year of Div. 1???

Go Eagles!!

USI has had a traditionally strong DII program and a pretty rapidly growing campus.  Good to see them rapidly acclimate to DI.

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

OK gang, living down here is southern Indiana, we here in Evansville are tired of the dismal showing of the Purple Aces year after year.

But...... Guess who is tied for the OVC lead?? Why it's the newcomer, the USI Screamin' Eagles!!!

How about that in their first year of Div. 1???

Go Eagles!!

I've watched 3-4 of their games on ESPN+. They shoot a lot of threes and are a fun team to watch. Isaiah Swope from Newburgh is playing really well recently averging around 20 ppg over his last 9 games.  

• Like 1