'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

16 minutes ago, rico said:

Good for Shaka:

"If we can bring in a transfer that makes sense for us that we think is a cultural fit for us, and he really wants to be at Marquette and be part of something bigger than himself, great. Let's do that," Smart said. "But if some guys try to come in here for a straight transaction, what can you do for me? What can I do for you? Yeah, we're good." 

"We made the decision: Hell no, we ain't doing that," Smart told CBS Sports. "First of all, it's illegal, but we're not prioritizing some guy that hasn't worn a uniform over Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro." 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere else. All charges dismissed against Chris Beard. Doesn't mean he didn't do those things but nothing on his record and my guess is by April he will be hired by a P5 school and someone will be getting a good basketball coach on the cheap. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/felony-charge-against-former-texas-coach-chris-beard-dropped-two-months-following-arrest/

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere else. All charges dismissed against Chris Beard. Doesn't mean he didn't do those things but nothing on his record and my guess is by April he will be hired by a P5 school and someone will be getting a good basketball coach on the cheap. 

kentucky? Ohio St?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Somewhere for sure. Who knows what will happen over the next 45 days. Some coach resigns or is fired and the dominos start. He'll end up somewhere though for sure. 

Well, we know 2 are open.  Notre Dame and New Mexico St.  It appears Georgetown might open up.  Other jobs that may become available off the top of my head:

Cal

Stanford

Washington

Ohio St.

Louisville

Ole Miss

Vandy

Ga. Tech

• Like 1