'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Beard will take steps to repair his image and be coaching UK 2-3 years from now when Cal moves on.  

Beard will be coaching next year somewhere at a big school. Someone will look at the information, say we think this was an honest mistake and we believe in second chances.....which is code for we want to win. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

B1G ball is ugly enough with just 5 fouls. Just imagine how bad it would be with 6. 

8 total team fouls called in that half. 

Truly believe it would have little effect, outside of... not having guys saddled with 2 fouls that, imo, plays too big of a role on games. 

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Truly believe it would have little effect, outside of... not having guys saddled with 2 fouls that, imo, plays too big of a role on games. 

Coaches shouldn't be afraid to play players with two fouls in the first half.  Don't know why it started to take out a guy because he had two fouls in the first half.

Edited by IU Scott

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Matt Painter LOL!

God I hope not.  If he can get to the #1 ranking with this weak of a roster, what would he do with only top 80 kids on the entire roster?

Actually don't mind pork chop and half of my family is from Texas.   I'd just rather they have a resurgence in football and not basketball.  IU needs a new banner before Texas.  

46 minutes ago, btownqb said:

OK, what if they made bonus 5 fouls and double bonus at 8 as a trade off?  Can't make college basketball always look like Purdue at Wisconsin. 

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

God I hope not.  If he can get to the #1 ranking with this weak of a roster, what would he do with only top 80 kids on the entire roster?

Actually don't mind pork chop and half of my family is from Texas.   I'd just rather they have a resurgence in football and not basketball.  IU needs a new banner before Texas.  

Sometimes the hardest kids to coach into a team are the 5 stars...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Texas is loaded with 4 stars right now.  But then again, Morton is a 4 star, edey is unranked and better at hockey thank basketball.  And Smiths next best offer was Ball st.  So I have no clue what he would do with talent.  

It’s because he goes and finds the kids they will be ( for the most part ) 3-4 year players and he takes the time to not JUST look at the ranking boxes that  have been checked and settle there …he takes kids who will have a chip on their shoulder and he values hard work as much as talent.  A kid they is told they are gods gift from age 10 through high school often starts to believe it and they’ve always been good.  A kid like Braden smith is athletic enough but he’s where he is because he’s spent his life out working and wanting it more than his opponents ….you need a team full of that to be successful if you aren’t getting top 100 kids and painter does that 

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

It’s because he goes and finds the kids they will be ( for the most part ) 3-4 year players and he takes the time to not JUST look at the ranking boxes that  have been checked and settle there …he takes kids who will have a chip on their shoulder and he values hard work as much as talent.  A kid they is told they are gods gift from age 10 through high school often starts to believe it and they’ve always been good.  A kid like Braden smith is athletic enough but he’s where he is because he’s spent his life out working and wanting it more than his opponents ….you need a team full of that to be successful if you aren’t getting top 100 kids and painter does that 

Furst is like top 80, K-Renn was around 40, Smith is like a 130ish(that may be high) Morton an over ranked 80ish.  But yeah, that's the lowest ranked #1 backcourt in the last 70 years.  Edey hides a lot of athletic flaws defensively but they move the ball and play as a team.  Really just smart basketball 101, make the extra pass and play as a team.  Why you can't  get Instagram NILnplayers to realize playing as a team and winning big equals more Instagram honies and more NIL monies is because their brains aren't developed beyond instant gratification.   And it shows

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Beard will be coaching next year somewhere at a big school. Someone will look at the information, say we think this was an honest mistake and we believe in second chances.....which is code for we want to win. 

Agree he will get another chance at a big time school. I mean, Auburn hired Hugh Freeze who has multiple incidents of being a crummy human. All that matters is winning. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Furst is like top 80, K-Renn was around 40, Smith is like a 130ish(that may be high) Morton an over ranked 80ish.  But yeah, that's the lowest ranked #1 backcourt in the last 70 years.  Edey hides a lot of athletic flaws defensively but they move the ball and play as a team.  Really just smart basketball 101, make the extra pass and play as a team.  Why you can't  get Instagram NILnplayers to realize playing as a team and winning big equals more Instagram honies and more NIL monies is because their brains aren't developed beyond instant gratification.   And it shows

From watching all of them in high school multiple times I would have had Furst ( other than Morton )  as their best recruit I would have had kaufman renn around a hundred or higher …I understand smiths size hurt him in the rankings but  intangibles matter and if you have a kid who is a winner and has to work to get there they can be worth a chance and it’s gonna pay off for them for four years which is frustrating I think you are exactly correct and the majority of the top 100 ( whether true or not ) are convinced that they are going somewhere for a year or two and on to the pros ….a lot of kids could make more money stringing together 3-4 years of deep tourney runs and or national championships as you said but we will probably never find out 

18 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Kelvin Sampson will be the next coach 

Probably the guy they should go after. Though he wants his son to take over for him at Houston which might complicate it.

18 hours ago, IUFLA said:

One of their insiders said 

Tommy Lloyd

Nate Oats

Dennis Gate

were the targets...

Might add Jerome Tang to that list.

Lewis has BSU playing with an edge and a physicality that pretty impressive. They are up 68-62 with a minute to go. This is the second game in a row I have watched BSU. Last game they won with offense while scoring 90 points. Today it is with defense and just physical play 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Lewis has BSU playing with an edge and a physicality that pretty impressive. They are up 68-62 with a minute to go. This is the second game in a row I have watched BSU. Last game they won with offense while scoring 90 points. Today it is with defense and just physical play 

7th straight win and 2-0 in the MAC

• Like 2