'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

5 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

Just for the love of God eliminate so many tv timeouts. Go every 5  minutes, not 4. Or every 6. It's too disruptive to the flow of the game, especially early on

The chances of that happening are pretty much nil. If changes are made to the number and frequency of TV timeouts, adding even more in is more likely than taking some away.

I would also love to see fewer of them, but it just won't happen; money and contracts are the reason why.

30 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The aforementioned sucky Mizzou Tigers lead pUKe by 11 in the first half  

No clue what to think about Missouri. Their preseason schedule has to be one of the worst going....but they pounced Illinois and now up a dozen vs Cal and his land of misfit toys that somehow don't gel (if ever) until February. 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Don't know which team that says more about... 

I know you and I are on the same page about Illinois. Not just now but preseason. We'll see what type of coach Undy is because between the play, Mayer's public comments, etc....and a couple other things I've heard there isn't a ton of continuity.

To put it this way. My Uncle who is pretty close to things told me this. It's easy to cover up problems when Kofi could just clear the lane and dunk or just give the ball to Ayo.....now?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know you and I are on the same page about Illinois. Not just now but preseason. We'll see what type of coach Undy is because between the play, Mayer's public comments, etc....and a couple other things I've heard there isn't a ton of continuity.

To put it this way. My Uncle who is pretty close to things told me this. It's easy to cover up problems when Kofi could just clear the lane and dunk or just give the ball to Ayo.....now?

And out of the kids who could have stayed after last year, who did?

Hawkins, Goode, and Melendez...

And after driving over his players with the bus, backing it up and doing it again, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have another mass exodus next spring... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And out of the kids who could have stayed after last year, who did?

Hawkins, Goode, and Melendez...

And after driving over his players with the bus, backing it up and doing it again, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have another mass exodus next spring... 

All day long. One guy I know says he missed his shot with the complete control he thinks he has. Loyola, Houston...and contrary to our friend from Quincy who hasn't shown up here in a bit....Ayo going in the 2nd round has plenty of kids looking elsewhere. 

We'll see. Shoot Painter was left on the job after not winning a tourney game for 4 years in a row so I guess anything is possible. 

• Like 1

Xavier picked up another road win at St John's last night, moving them to 26 in the NET. Only losses to IU, Duke and Gonzaga. This very well may be IU's best NET win of the season. As far as B1G opponents, only PU, OSU and MD are higher than Xavier and we don't play in Columbus this year. Anything could happen, but I don't expect to win in WLaf (I expect a win in BTown, though). MD in College Park looks like the next best option for a top 25 NET road win. 

Xavier has a big game Saturday, hosting #2 UConn. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Xavier picked up another road win at St John's last night, moving them to 26 in the NET. Only losses to IU, Duke and Gonzaga. This very well may be IU's best NET win of the season. As far as B1G opponents, only PU, OSU and MD are higher than Xavier and we don't play in Columbus this year. Anything could happen, but I don't expect to win in WLaf (I expect a win in BTown, though). MD in College Park looks like the next best option for a top 25 NET road win. 

Xavier has a big game Saturday, hosting #2 UConn. 

Xavier could find themselves being a #1 seed come the end of the year.