'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

31 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

it just depends on the zero being before, or after the 1

The Big East isn't as "competitive" as it has been.  I feel Xavier just might win that thing with a gawdy record(2-3 losses).  They very well might end up with a #1 seed.

• Like 1

Just a brutal, but accurate takedown of Cal. 

Now Big Blue Nation is near searching for pitchforks, and the ire is directed at Calipari. The man once considered the savant of college basketball — the coach who figured out how to work the one-and-done system — now tracks more towards the Jimbo Fisher of the sport. Does less with more. To wit, in his tenure, Calipari has recruited 63 top 50 players, coached 14 All-Americans, 10 SEC Rookies of the Year, six SEC Players of the Years and produced 45 NBA Draft picks, 22 who turned out to be lottery players. Yet he has one national championship to show for it.

https://theathletic.com/4044709/2022/12/30/kentucky-john-calipari-college-basketball/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And maybe, just maybe remind some of our fans that a road win at Xavier was actually a good one. Haha.

i guess that's a dig, but yeah. i mean, just because i'm not always all roses doesn't mean i don't want the best for the Hoosiers. i'd love to be wrong on this one.  my only point from the start was that it wasn't a top 25 win.  i didn't mean Xavier was terrible.  just didn't look at it like a huge win.  i hope they win today and have a great season and make it a big time win for us.  if it turns out that way, i will happily tell you i was wrong.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i guess that's a dig, but yeah. i mean, just because i'm not always all roses doesn't mean i don't want the best for the Hoosiers. i'd love to be wrong on this one.  my only point from the start was that it wasn't a top 25 win.  i didn't mean Xavier was terrible.  just didn't look at it like a huge win.  i hope they win today and have a great season and make it a big time win for us.  if it turns out that way, i will happily tell you i was wrong.  

No dig at all. Sorry it came across that way to you personally....I don't follow every posters or patterns. My post was more so for the crowd on Twitter who don't think Xavier is worth anything. I just think a win vs them is comparable to a win vs say Illinois or Ohio St or even Sparty. Pretty good win. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No dig at all. Sorry it came across that way to you personally....I don't follow every posters or patterns. My post was more so for the crowd on Twitter who don't think Xavier is worth anything. I just think a win vs them is comparable to a win vs say Illinois or Ohio St or even Sparty. Pretty good win. 

gotcha.  i have to admit i was one of those people saying it wasn't a signature win.  had some of the crew come after me for that one.  i definitely knew it was a good win.  looking better all the time and most people here have been calling that from the beginning.  guess i'm slow on this one and happy to be wrong!

• Like 1