'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

4 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Hope you’re right. I’m not so confident, any time we leave Assembly Hall. IU hasn’t been very mentally or physically (for that matter) tough away from the friendly confines in a long time. 

I stand corrected.  We have a losing record for the last 20 years at Iowa.  But i stand by my statement we're going to kick their asses

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 1

So I finally took the effort to go watch a game at Pauley Pavillion yesterday when I saw UCLA beat UC Davis. Cool venue (doesn't hold a candle to AH) and easy-going atmosphere (winter break, UC Davis) made it an enjoyable experience. My son asked why the stadium wasn't as loud as AH on TV and I had to laugh. Can't wait to bring him back to Bloomington for a game.

As for the Bruins, I thought they were ok -- some long, athletic big men that had nice footwork down low. Guards were solid, but not spectacular. Tyger Campbell is quick and carries some accolades, but I don't think he's better than JHS. We're much deeper overall.

It was only after the game that I realized they were ranked #13.

It's good to see other teams up close and compare them with the Hoosiers. I think IU is a better team.

Edited by MoyeCowbell
missing info
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Why?

I think there's an immense amount more strategy that can take place with Qs/seems a lot more like a real basketball game with Qs. 

I disagree about strategy.  Substitution patterns are more strategic in a half.  Time out usage is more strategic in a half.  Momentum is more meaningful in a half.  I could go on...  

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

I disagree about strategy.  Substitution patterns are more strategic in a half.  Time out usage is more strategic in a half.  Momentum is more meaningful in a half.  I could go on...  

Why are subs more strategic in a half? I think subbing is way more strategy based in quarters. You can use the time as a way to get guys in and out. Moren does it masterfully in the girls games. Getting girls out regularly at the end of Qs and such/defensive possessions when theres foul trouble. 

Momentum is too meaningful imo. 

Why is TO usage more strategic? 

I didn't have an opinion until I watched the girls games. I think they're better to watch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coach Robby said:

Just for the love of God eliminate so many tv timeouts. Go every 5  minutes, not 4. Or every 6. It's too disruptive to the flow of the game, especially early on

They're not giving up that money though... Average 30 second TV commercial brings in $104,000... That adds up... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Idk how many of you watch girls games..  I would prefer quarters compared to the halves that MBB plays. 

CBB is the only basketball that plays halves. 

When I went to the girls game last month to me the game seemed to have just much more flow to it, and I love having quarters. I’ve always wished the men’s game would go to quarters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I wish everyone could be more like me when it comes to advertising.  Then commercials and pop up ads wouldn't exist. Advertising just pisses me off and makes me not want to buy stuff. It's my money quit trying to take it. 

You're not the right demographic. It's the 2 generations younger than you....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I keep it with halves as well.  I don't see any difference since it is still 20 minutes a half.