'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, I saw it and have said it was a hard foul. I don’t really see how that rises beyond a hard, common foul. What am I missing on it?

I disagree with the conference unless there is more there. That’s a completely unreasonable reaction to a hard foul IMO.

That said, I don’t have a problem with Miquel getting ejected, I’m just not really seeing the suspension. Although it may be an automatic thing if you’re ejected for being a participant in a fight (he never through a punch or made any physical contact outside of a hard foul, but I digress). 

I wonder if there was more rough play in other parts of the game.  Him running straight in there and blasting the guy seemed pretty intentional.   Maybe a retaliation from another play earlier that we haven't seen.  

• Like 1

My last piece on this I hope.

I think Miquel should have been whistled for a common foul on the rebound.

I think what the puncher did after that should have been a tech. Refs missed two calls that should have been made.

I don’t personally think Miquel trying to go up court, even if he wasn’t deescalating, is wrong of him. I think we all agree punching was wrong, and Miquel continuing after the punch and Miquel’s teammate punching was wrong. 

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

I wonder if there was more rough play in other parts of the game.  Him running straight in there and blasting the guy seemed pretty intentional.   Maybe a retaliation from another play earlier that we haven't seen.  

Agreed, definitely could be context we don’t know. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, I saw it and have said it was a hard foul. I don’t really see how that rises beyond a hard, common foul. What am I missing on it?

I disagree with the conference unless there is more there. That’s a completely unreasonable reaction to a hard foul IMO.

That said, I don’t have a problem with Miquel getting ejected, I’m just not really seeing the suspension. Although it may be an automatic thing if you’re ejected for being a participant in a fight (he never through a punch or made any physical contact outside of a hard foul, but I digress). 

Okay I’m done, I warned you before that you were on the double secret probation! You just have no clue that your opinion does not make everyone else stupid! 
You Sir are now ignored!!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Between seeding implications and last teams in it seems the Big 12 has the most influence this year.

Iowa St- 8-9 conference record and 17-12 overall at Baylor today.

Kansas St at West Virginia today who somehow with a 6-11 conf record is still in according to some.

Interesting one in SEC today as Tennessee goes to Auburn. Interesting in that we share the same area code for seeding but if they lose without their PG how much will that impact a projected 3 seed?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Man, we are seeing so many kids getting techs on players than ever before.  I rarely saw players in college argue with refs when I was younger. The coaches had a little more control of their team and it was coaches who got on the officials.

Heck, when I was a kid students didn't talk back to teachers often.  Today they assault them.  It's just lack of proper discipline and disregard for others, all throughout society.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Man, we are seeing so many kids getting techs on players than ever before.  I rarely saw players in college argue with refs when I was younger. The coaches had a little more control of their team and it was coaches who got on the officials.

When I played I was taught to never complain or discuss calls with the refs. If you had a complaint you told the coach and they decided what to do. 

Asking for clarification on a call was ok occasionally.

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

When I played I was taught to never complain or discuss calls with the refs. If you had a complaint you told the coach and they decided what to do. 

Asking for clarification on a call was ok occasionally.

This came from watching the UK and Arkansas saw game because I'm the game there were like 5 techs on players. One Arkansas player got two for arguing a call and got ejected 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Heck, when I was a kid students didn't talk back to teachers often.  Today they assault them.  It's just lack of proper discipline and disregard for others, all throughout society.

I think you're right. The older generation has really failed the younger generation in that regard. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

30 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think you're right. The older generation has really failed the younger generation in that regard. 

In all fairness… back in my day at Catholic school, it was the kids that got assaulted. Slapped on the knuckles with a ruler. Whacked with a  fiberglass paddle that had holes drilled into it to make it more aerodynamic. Kids thrown up against lockers.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In all fairness… back in my day at Catholic school, it was the kids that got assaulted. Slapped on the knuckles with a ruler. Whacked with a  fiberglass paddle that had holes drilled into it to make it more aerodynamic. Kids thrown up against lockers.

I went to public school and got paddled with a fiberglass paddle with he's in it. That was the last time I got in trouble at school and that was in 4th grade.

29 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'll readily admit that my generation SUCKED in parenting skills.  Sure, it's a broad generation and absolutely, there are some exceptional young people out there.  I just hate that it seems they are in the minority.

Wouldn't surprise me that my parents generation thought the same thing.