'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

An Arbys fast food commercial in the middle of an Aortic Valve replacement and embolism repair. ... OK, I'll allow it.    

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Thanks... I relinked it to their current thread...

I read the first two pages and most of the responses were appropriately critical of the player and/or staff. 

I'm guessing the staff either didn't do sufficient homework or, more likely, recruited him despite knowing about his past beyond the charge in Texas. This is the guy's second reported act of violence against a woman in just over a year. I'd be willing to bet money he has an issue with women and there are more acts of violence that weren't reported.

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I read the first two pages and most of the responses were appropriately critical of the player and/or staff. 

I'm guessing the staff either didn't do sufficient homework or, more likely, recruited him despite knowing about his past beyond the charge in Texas. This is the guy's second reported act of violence against a woman in just over a year. I'd be willing to bet money he has an issue with women and there are more acts of violence that weren't reported.

The link to the KC Star article is disturbing. Incident happened on 8/26, reported on 8/27... so you know Self knew about it in at least the first week... yet he continued to let Morris practice until yesterday (according to fans in the know)... first ever sign of trouble, maybe that's the way to handle it... but 2 days after he pleaded out of an assault case against another woman? The minute Self heard it he should have suspended Morris...

A UT poster weighed in and said Morris had issues in high school with that kind of thing and that Chris Beard (who some wanted here) suppressed... 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DWB said:

I suspect Woody has "DQ'd" more recruits than he's offered for questionable "ethics" (probably the wrong word) or personality traits.

Chemistry is so important in team sports, especially top tier teams. All the more reason to get guys that are "a good fit".

Exactly what I was thinking. Doesn't matter how well one plays if a kid doesn't have good character. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

The link to the KC Star article is disturbing. Incident happened on 8/26, reported on 8/27... so you know Self knew about it in at least the first week... yet he continued to let Morris practice until yesterday (according to fans in the know)... first ever sign of trouble, maybe that's the way to handle it... but 2 days after he pleaded out of an assault case against another woman? The minute Self heard it he should have suspended Morris...

A UT poster weighed in and said Morris had issues in high school with that kind of thing and that Chris Beard (who some wanted here) suppressed... 

That there were issues in HS is no surprise to me. Looks like I would've made money if I had made that bet.

It also doesn't surprise me that Self didn't suspend him until now. He probably knew about the HS issues and recruited this kid after the charge in Texas. So he very likely knew that it was a pattern and not an isolated event. That he recruited him anyways shows his acceptance of that kind of behavior if the player is talented enough. I would wager some outside force initiated the suspension and not his conscience suddenly making him do the right thing. Maybe someone higher up in the school told him to do it or, more likely, it was about to go public.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

That there were issues in HS is no surprise to me. Looks like I would've made money if I had made that bet.

It also doesn't surprise me that Self didn't suspend him until now. He probably knew about the HS issues and recruited this kid after the charge in Texas. So he very likely knew that it was a pattern and not an isolated event. That he recruited him anyways shows his acceptance of that kind of behavior if the player is talented enough. I would wager some outside force initiated the suspension and not his conscience suddenly making him do the right thing. Maybe someone higher up in the school told him to do it or, more likely, it was about to go public.

100% of my $$ is on someone else, with significant power, or dirt on Self, made self a deal (to suspend) that he couldn't refuse ! 

At this point, in the KU program, I suspect some high level admin to slip out of a window, just like in Russia.

On 9/16/2023 at 1:03 PM, go_iu_bb said:

I hope some eyes were opened up at KU.  Self should be suspended for getting the kid on campus.