'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

As the ball spins(pun for As the world turns soap opera). I'm lame.

Did yall know Conner McCaffery is dating Kaitlin Clark.  If you ever watched the B1G story on the McCaffery family you would actually like them, love the mom, and still dislike Fran.  If Kaitlin becomes a lady Pacer, I'm down with their offspring playing for the hoosiers in 20 years.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Watching UK/KSU game and there was a span of 7 minutes without a stop in play. The first TV timeout didn't happen until 11 minutes to go in the half. I can't imagine that ever happening in the big ten.

It might during a Purdue scrimmage - they wouldn't know who to call fouls on :coffee:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Watching UK/KSU game and there was a span of 7 minutes without a stop in play. The first TV timeout didn't happen until 11 minutes to go in the half. I can't imagine that ever happening in the big ten.

And down go the Jayhawks.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

And yet they are basically the same record as us in a weaker conference. They aren’t that great.

I’m not sure I’d call the Big East a weaker conference but yeah, Butler isn’t great. I don’t think anyone has said they are?

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

Currently at 49, Butler is up fully 70 spots in KenPom from where they've been ranked each of the past three years. That's impressive improvement.

No doubt. They have wins at net #11 Marquette and net #19 Creighton and a neutral win over net #36 TX Tech.  They've played UConn within single digits twice. 

Bracketmatrix has them in the NCAAT in 76 of 94 brackets. 

Big East definitely not weaker than B1G. Big East has two really bad teams. The other teams are net #66 or less, all in contention for a tournament bid. B1G currently has 7 of 14 teams below net 70. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I’m not sure I’d call the Big East a weaker conference but yeah, Butler isn’t great. I don’t think anyone has said they are?

Well RPI or whatever is a couple conferences below B1G. Point was for those crying for Matta…it isn’t like he is doing anything special at Butler….they aren’t a tournament team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Currently at 49, Butler is up fully 70 spots in KenPom from where they've been ranked each of the past three years. That's impressive improvement.

Kenpom…😒 yeah if Butler is a top 50 team then I’m a billionaire. They aren’t a good team.

I think I’ve watched as many Butler games this year as IU…the Big East is a farce outside UCONN. Even more mediocrity then B1G.

Edited by dgambill

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well RPI or whatever is a couple conferences below B1G. Point was for those crying for Matta…it isn’t like he is doing anything special at Butler….they aren’t a tournament team.

I personally wouldn't want Matta....

Butler is probably in the tournament as of today. My wife is an alum, they're a fun team to watch - my post really had nothing to do with a comparison of IU. 

31 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

FWIW Jerry Palm has Butler as a 7 seed

Palm isn’t even in the top 100 bracketologist. I don’t see them making it but that’s just me. SEC and Big 12 will get the most seeds and I think we will see multiple bids from mid majors…I just think the big East has been propped up in the rankings outside of UConn.

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Palm isn’t even in the top 100 bracketologist. I don’t see them making it but that’s just me. SEC and Big 12 will get the most seeds and I think we will see multiple bids from mid majors…I just think the big East has been propped up in the rankings outside of UConn.

I wouldn’t call the Big East a mid major though?

20 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I wouldn’t call the Big East a mid major though?

Not in college basketball. It’s better than the Pac 12 and on par with the ACC…no I mean we might likely see multiple bids from MVC, American Athletic, mountain west, west coast etc.