SIAP - Curtis Jones officially a Cowboy

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Can't see him being addressed by a rule enacted after his transfer. He'll sit until second semester.

I think anyone who transferred during first semester will be grandfathered in. Just my opinion. The whispers on this subject in Indy at least have been going on a very loooooooooong time. Surprised it's taken this much time. I also think within next year or two you'll see an additional scholarship or maybe 2 per team. 

When NCAA meets next month to finalize transfer rules I think they will announce that despite some opposition to the whole idea at today's meeting. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think anyone who transferred during first semester will be grandfathered in. Just my opinion. The whispers on this subject in Indy at least have been going on a very loooooooooong time. Surprised it's taken this much time. I also think within next year or two you'll see an additional scholarship or maybe 2 per team. 

When NCAA meets next month to finalize transfer rules I think they will announce that despite some opposition to the whole idea at today's meeting. 

Not ruling that out. Definitely possible.

Yes, typo, left out "after" -- here's another article

http://newsok.com/article/5579801

However certainly possible he may get more eligibility to play the way the winds have been blowing. This, btw, is regarding OK St's official announcement.

This seems like a good landing spot for him, 3 double digit scorers this season, all guards and one graduating - http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/roster/_/id/197/oklahoma-state-cowboys

1 hour ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Yippee ki yay!

Ha Ha. If CuJo wanted to make a name for himself as a Cowboy.... he would have gone to the University of Wyoming.  Where Milo Komeich, from Gary Lew Wallace, made a name for himself.  And in the pro's as well.

Milo Komenich - Wikipedia

1942–43 Wyoming Cowboys basketball team - Wikipedia

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Ha Ha. If CuJo wanted to make a name for himself as a Cowboy.... he would have gone to the University of Wyoming.  Where Milo Komeich, from Gary Lew Wallace, made a name for himself.  And in the pro's as well.

Milo Komenich - Wikipedia

1942–43 Wyoming Cowboys basketball team - Wikipedia

I'll have to read up on Komeich. I was just reading more about Becky Hammon last night after your post the other day. . Thanks for the reference, and also to Hoopster since I didn't know where CuJo had decided to transfer.

6 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Can't see him being addressed by a rule enacted after his transfer. He'll sit until second semester.

No way they will allow a kid that transfers in June/July of 2018 play immediately while forcing a kid that transferred in December of 2017 to wait.  Once teh rule is lifted, I think it will apply to everyone.  

10 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

I'll have to read up on Komeich. I was just reading more about Becky Hammon last night after your post the other day. . Thanks for the reference, and also to Hoopster since I didn't know where CuJo had decided to transfer.

You are welcome.  Sharing information... is one of the many great things about HSN 3.0.  It's like.... sitting around the dinner table, and talking hoops. 

Archived