Ohio State Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't gamble but for those that do....IU favored by 3 according to Vegas has me just a tad puzzled. 

Maybe they think the Hoosiers are better then what people on here do lol. Also life on the road in CBB is hard especially in Bloomington.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Also life on the road in CBB is hard especially in Bloomington.

But there are some teams (PU and OSU) that just seem to feel right "at home" in Assembly Hall lately. Like some previous posters, I don't have positive vibes about tonight at all. I still haven't gotten over the debacle in 2013 when IU didn't show up on Sr. night against OSU and the cringy banner hanging that followed. 

3 hours ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

But there are some teams (PU and OSU) that just seem to feel right "at home" in Assembly Hall lately. Like some previous posters, I don't have positive vibes about tonight at all. I still haven't gotten over the debacle in 2013 when IU didn't show up on Sr. night against OSU and the cringy banner hanging that followed. 

This is a whole new coaching staff, so we have no idea how this team is going to end up. I have a very good feeling about this game, i think they come out fired up and get the win.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 3

So, matchups (projected from OSU starting lineups to date)...

Key-TJD

Liddell-Race

Ahrens-Kopp

Branham-Stewart

Wheeler-XJ

I think the two bolded are what we need to win to have a chance in this game...Liddell is a player...Race will have to be on his game...

Branham has a nice mid range game, can dribble drive, but last game against Nebraska was 7-9 from 3 point range enroute to those 35 points...He's not overly quick, so Stewart I think can guard him...But we'll see...

XJ vs Wheeler will be interesting as well...Wheeler is a terrific defender, and has hit 3s at a 44% rate...XJ has to have a good game on both ends....

I'm holding out hope that we are going to be a team that wins all of its home games, Purdue is a terrible match-up for us. If we can find a way to go .500 in conference that would be a feat. 

I would like to start Rob, Stewart, Geronimo, Race and TJD and see what Jordan can do as our defensive stopper. 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So, matchups (projected from OSU starting lineups to date)...

Key-TJD

Liddell-Race

Ahrens-Kopp

Branham-Stewart

Wheeler-XJ

I think the two bolded are what we need to win to have a chance in this game...Liddell is a player...Race will have to be on his game...

Branham has a nice mid range game, can dribble drive, but last game against Nebraska was 7-9 from 3 point range enroute to those 35 points...He's not overly quick, so Stewart I think can guard him...But we'll see...

XJ vs Wheeler will be interesting as well...Wheeler is a terrific defender, and has hit 3s at a 44% rate...XJ has to have a good game on both ends....

Don’t forget Brunk 😃 

Didn’t someone mention they might have some players out or was that Twitter? Could be a mirage in my brain as well…

10 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Don’t forget Brunk 😃 

Didn’t someone mention they might have some players out or was that Twitter? Could be a mirage in my brain as well…

Kyle Young missed last game with non-Covid illness, but he's expected to play tonight...

And no one knows TJD's game like Joey...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1