Indiana Beats Wyoming Post Game!!

IowaHoosierFan

I love reading opposing teams post game pressers. Sorry if this has already been posted, but Wyoming's Maldonado, Ike and Coach Linder had nothing but respect and high praises for IU. Reading positive comments like that about IU and the BIGTEN shows true class and respect. One comment stuck out from Coach Linder really impressed me........

"Now they know what it feels like, what it feels like to play a Big Ten team. They made a run in the Big Ten Tournament and got some big players. And (Indiana head) coach (Mike) Woodson does a great job with those guys. You want to go beat a Big Ten team on the road in the NCAA Tournament, you've got to find a way to make sure your body is ready to go to play against a Race Thompson, a Xavier Johnson, a Trayce Jackson-Davis. I think it's just going to allow us to take another step, a big step as a program. And I'm just really excited to see where that goes."

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/LongFormArticle/NCAA-Tournament-2022-Wyoming-coach-Jeff-Linder-says-First-Four-loss-to-Indiana-is-another-step-for-Cowboys-184527489/#184527489_1

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

I love reading opposing teams post game pressers. Sorry if this has already been posted, but Wyoming's Maldonado, Ike and Coach Linder had nothing but respect and high praises for IU. Reading positive comments like that about IU and the BIGTEN shows true class and respect. One comment stuck out from Coach Linder really impressed me........

"Now they know what it feels like, what it feels like to play a Big Ten team. They made a run in the Big Ten Tournament and got some big players. And (Indiana head) coach (Mike) Woodson does a great job with those guys. You want to go beat a Big Ten team on the road in the NCAA Tournament, you've got to find a way to make sure your body is ready to go to play against a Race Thompson, a Xavier Johnson, a Trayce Jackson-Davis. I think it's just going to allow us to take another step, a big step as a program. And I'm just really excited to see where that goes."

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/LongFormArticle/NCAA-Tournament-2022-Wyoming-coach-Jeff-Linder-says-First-Four-loss-to-Indiana-is-another-step-for-Cowboys-184527489/#184527489_1

WEIGHT ROOM!!!!! 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

Dreadful?  Really?? SMH. So much talk about how bad Wyoming's offense was. Yeah, our defense had absolutely nothing to do with that. Sheesh. Stewart was so dreadful that our staff benched him for all but 3 minutes of the game. XJ was so dreadful that his +/- tied TJD's for best last nite at +10 (that's pretty significant in an 8 pt win btw). If they aren't filling up the offensive stat sheets they suck I guess.

Wyoming’s ENTIRE offense consisted of their PG backing the defender down or passing it low to Ike. That’s it! SMH. Sure, our defense was solid (typically are), but we also weren’t challenged much. That will change tonight. 

So your basis that PS and XJ were solid bc of the defense holds little weight given the assignment. If PS isn’t knocking down outside shots he doesn’t add much value, period. XJ has to be better offensively or we won’t win tonight. Simple as that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

The worst part had to be suffering through Rex Chapman. 

Rex Chapman was actually sounding fair and even complimentary of iu when talking about them. Seth Davis was/is a moron. Idk if someone stole his girlfriend who went to iu, or he is still butthurt from 2013 when he picked us to lose to Vcu and 2016 when he said we didn’t have a prayer to beat Kentucky and he got roasted on Twitter. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...