Transfer Portal 2022

26 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Looks like it's a pretty good deal from Ruiz' standpoint. This is exactly why businesses want to do these -- and if they can get traction with splashy totals, we all talk about it. 

I may have heard of Life Wallet prior to this deal, but certainly am more aware of it now as a result.

Approaching 5 Million views inside of 24 hours. That's the hard part for some to understand. He's already returned his ROI on views alone. 

Again like a few on here pointed out yesterday. Billionaire's aren't in the business of losing.....or losing $. They know where the $ is at. 

For 24 hours the college sports world is trying to figure out who John Ruiz is,etc....for a measly $400k is the cheapest Super Bowl commercial he could ever create. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Looks like it's a pretty good deal from Ruiz' standpoint. This is exactly why businesses want to do these -- and if they can get traction with splashy totals, we all talk about it. 

I may have heard of Life Wallet prior to this deal, but certainly am more aware of it now as a result.

Exactly. If NP never does anything other than college basketball fans seeing stories about how much he got paid by who, the number of people who will go look that up is huge. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

What’s going in your 50K calculation? 

He has no clue. Even if it’s accurate to say the cost to student for a full year of college with tuition, room, board, food, etc. is $50k that’s not the cost to the school or what they’re providing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Assuming he meant younger guys but that’s fair. Didn’t lose guys because of NIL I think was the point. 

But that might not be the case either...if they'd have put together a deal for Sasha, maybe he would have stayed. Hunter as well. There's no guarantee Williams gets drafted. 

You guys crack me up by thinking you have the high ground in this...

Meanwhile, your brethren over at G&B are emptying their Miss Piggy banks trying to get Purdue in the game...

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

What’s going in your 50K calculation? 

That is the total I hear most when it comes to the total cost for an athlete.  Cost of attendance is different at a lot of places but at IU my daughter cost of attendance was near $26,000.  For athletes it is all the cost like nutrition, all of the free work out equipment and other things that athletes get.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But that might not be the case either...if they'd have put together a deal for Sasha, maybe he would have stayed. Hunter as well. There's no guarantee Williams gets drafted. 

You guys crack me up by thinking you have the high ground in this...

Meanwhile, your brethren over at G&B are emptying their Miss Piggy banks trying to get Purdue in the game...

Why are you assuming either side wanted the other to stay though? Painter knew going into the season that all of the seniors weren’t coming back so he brought in a class of 4 since this will be the first year since the pandemic that rosters have to be at 13 again. Sasha was already part of multiple NIL agreements too fyi. Of course it’s no guarantee Williams gets drafted but I’ve seen him in almost every 2nd round draft that I’ve looked at. Has nothing to do with “high ground.”

Edited by Stlboiler23

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

IU fans detested rule breaking...the rules are different now...surely you can grasp that concept...

"All came back"? 

I guess Trevion, Ivey, Hunter, and Sasha missed that memo...

Good Lord….they graduated or are top 5 pick in NBA.  

rules….there are no rules 

not trying to say IU did anything wrong…..but could you imagine if Cuban came in like Ruiz!

this insanity has just begun 🍿 

I am not really against NIL if it was implemented on what is is supposed to be.  It was for name, image and likeness which would allow athletes to profit off of their jersey sales or their autographs. The problem is that it is going down the way I thought it would for and it is pretty much donors giving players money with nothing in return.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Assuming he meant younger guys but that’s fair. Didn’t lose guys because of NIL I think was the point. 

I was talking about guys who bought in 100%…..offense & defense!!!!

IT was told he was welcome to return but his role would be the same….backup 

46 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He has no clue. Even if it’s accurate to say the cost to student for a full year of college with tuition, room, board, food, etc. is $50k that’s not the cost to the school or what they’re providing. 

That was the point I was setting up. It doesn’t cost a university anything to allow X number of additional students into any one class. So while missed tuition can be considered an opportunity cost, it’s not an out of pocket expense for the university. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Anyone else really tired of dissecting the impacts of NIL?   

Actually i am tired of listening and seeing everyone discuss Purdue on an IU forum.  FFS who give 2 shits what Purdue does. What Painter is doing, What their players are doing.  What impact the NIL will have on them and their players. Or what their fans care about.  Can we just stop talking about F(*&ing Purdue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Actually i am tired of listening and seeing everyone discuss Purdue on an IU forum.  FFS who give 2 shits what Purdue does. What Painter is doing, What their players are doing.  What impact the NIL will have on them and their players. Or what their fans care about.  Can we just stop talking about F(*&ing Purdue.

So….what impact will the NIL have on Incarnate Word? :coffee: