Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

CauseThatsMyDJ

Isaiah Stewart Cuts IU

The in-home visit went good.

According to the Rabjohns article, the staff talked to him about how they know he wants to get to the next level and how they have the experience to get him there. He sounds impressed with Schilling.

Sounds like he believes IU is a place he could take his game to the next level.

Interested to see where it goes from here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, KDB said:

The in-home visit went good.

According to the Rabjohns article, the staff talked to him about how they know he wants to get to the next level and how they have the experience to get him there. He sounds impressed with Schilling.

Sounds like he believes IU is a place he could take his game to the next level.

Interested to see where it goes from here.

Things may get serious here,what will cam do if Stewart,TJD,Brooks,Hurt,Franklin Mcgillis and anyone else want to commit...Noway there will be that many openings.

6 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Things may get serious here,what will cam do if Stewart,TJD,Brooks,Hurt,Franklin Mcgillis and anyone else want to commit...Noway there will be that many openings.

Good problem to have 

13 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Better committ quickly to ensure a spot

4 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Good problem to have 

Is it?...what if Stewart and Franklin commit for instance,what do you do about TJD and Brooks

I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself - but one has to think that the ‘18-19 class has the potential to be one of the greatest classes assembled at Iu 

3 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Is it?...what if Stewart and Franklin commit for instance,what do you do about TJD and Brooks

What if we don't recruit Stewart and Franklin, assuming TJD and Brooks are coming, and they decide to go elsewhere?

That's recruiting. Recruit two great players. Take what you can get

I trust our coaches. I also have to imagine that transfers are gonna happen. 

If Moore doesn’t see much action this coming season, I’m not sure that he ever will. There’s always a surprise transfer or two that might take place... it’s college basketball in 2018 after all, so anything is possible.

11 minutes ago, ephul said:

What if we don't recruit Stewart and Franklin, assuming TJD and Brooks are coming, and they decide to go elsewhere?

That's recruiting. Recruit two great players. Take what you can get

We had an in home visit with Stewart just this past weekend that went well...oh and I forgot about Watford and the point guard from Iowa,man that is a lot of good players for only 2 spots..call me greedy but I want more then just 2..I feel like it would be a mistake if we don't recruit Franklin,Stewart I'm ok with because of TJD and Brooks 

We had an in home visit with Stewart just this past weekend that went well...oh and I forgot about Watford and the point guard from Iowa,man that is a lot of good players for only 2 spots..call me greedy but I want more then just 2..I feel like it would be a mistake if we don't recruit Franklin,Stewart I'm ok with because of TJD and Brooks 

How many scholarships will we have available for this class (not including any transfers, which is bound to happen)?

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

How many scholarships will we have available for this class (not including any transfers, which is bound to happen)?

I got the count at 2..Morgan (graduation)and the Jones scholarship (transfer)

Right now we have 3 spots for 2019. Anyone we add in 2018 that has more than one year of eligibility will reduce that number. 

There is a pinned topic on the main board that details the scholarship situation. 

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

They'd need to commit before the beginning of May to beat TJD. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

They'd need to commit before the beginning of May to beat TJD. 

Wait, there's a rumor TJD commits before the end of the month?

1 minute ago, INDenizen said:

Can you elaborate?

I have it on solid information that TJD will be committed to IU by the 2nd week of May. 

• Like 6