Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

milehiiu

FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussing $100k payments.

I cannot help but wonder if / when this would spill over into the real cash cow - football.  I am probably crazy, but I would love to see SEC football be brought down knowing what has transpired with recruiting in that conference.

I know football is a different animal as far as shoe companies involvement goes.... however, with the comfort and complacency of the filth involved in basketball recruiting accepting "this is how it works", how can football be any different?

2 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

I cannot help but wonder if / when this would spill over into the real cash cow - football.  I am probably crazy, but I would love to see SEC football be brought down knowing what has transpired with recruiting in that conference.

I know football is a different animal as far as shoe companies involvement goes.... however, with the comfort and complacency of the filth involved in basketball recruiting accepting "this is how it works", how can football be any different?

Just my take.  Football is a completely different animal.  The rules are why.  The rosters are why.  I imagine there is corruption there, but not like CBB.  

4 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Not at all surprised that Will Wade would be involved.  He went from nowhere to a monster class.  Ticks me off how coaches try to leapfrog the competition by cheating instead of putting in the time and effort to get there the right way.

• Like 2