Romeo Langford

23 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

We aren’t “cooling down” by any means. Bill and Bryce if anything, “feel the heat” and are going to do all that they can in crunch time. Hey, did any of you really think that he wouldn’t see this all the way through and give his recruitment it’s due diligence? 

I think we’re in good position to land Romeo, and they(Vandy/KU) know it. So they’re going to throw everything they can at him. Let’s be honest, we all knew IU would struggle this season to an extent. But given the progress, Archie has put himself in a fantastic position to land Romeo. If not, it won’t be from a lack of effort.

Reminds me of Ol' Roy's last ditch effort visit to see Cody.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree that people need to stop freaking out on ever move that Romeo makes. If he comes it gives us something to look forward to next year and if he doesn't then move on and find someone else that wants to be here.  I am not going to lose sleep over a player who will probably be one and done who will only have an effect on the program for one year.

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Agree that people need to stop freaking out on ever move that Romeo makes. If he comes it gives us something to look forward to next year and if he doesn't then move on and find someone else that wants to be here.  I am not going to lose sleep over a player who will probably be one and done who will only have an effect on the program for one year.

What if that 1 year is a 30+ win season, an outright conference title, an appearance in the BTT finals, and a trip to the Final Four?

With Romeo, Morgan and everyone else expected back, plus the other newcomers, and Archie as Coach, those don't seem like they are out of reach goals for next year. We will be inexperienced for the most part for sure, but would have long, talented depth.

36 minutes ago, IUaic said:

What if that 1 year is a 30+ win season, an outright conference title, an appearance in the BTT finals, and a trip to the Final Four?

With Romeo, Morgan and everyone else expected back, plus the other newcomers, and Archie as Coach, those don't seem like they are out of reach goals for next year. We will be inexperienced for the most part for sure, but would have long, talented depth.

Not saying I don't want him here but I just think it is crazy that people freak out ever time something happens in his recruitment.  The last week or so every thing has been positive for Iu in this recruitment and today people freak out because he is visiting Vandy and Self is coming to see him.

You have to look at all this a positive.  Drew and Bill are probably feeling the heat. They have to step up their game and try pull out the all stops to try to keep Romeo in their sites. I feel there is that shift or lean towards IU and that is because of this resent recruiting news from Vandy and Kansas.

These three coaches all know and hear the creditable information that goes on.  Archie knows what's up and I have full confidence that he will go the full "15 rounds" with this recruitment. I really like what someone posted on here a while back, "Romeo is ours to lose!". 

I don't understand the issue. The Langfords always planned to take another Vandy visit. So, surprise!, they're taking it. And, at this stage of the game, why wouldn't Self use all his visits? It's not like there are 16 other available 5* recruits he could be pitching to. It's a 90 minute private jet ride from Lawrence to Louisville/NA for a player that could win you a national championship.

2 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

Not sure why people are freaking out. This is how recruiting works. Players visit schools they are considering, and coaches from those schools also visit the player. Whats the big deal? Calm down.

I can't speak for others, but I think some still have a bitter taste about the Darius Garland fiasco. How IU was played and we all thought IU was one of the top 2 schools for him and instead IU was a distant 4th........ So yeah, I can see how some people freak out when we're talking about a kid that has the potential of being something special in the whole state.

I usually freak out over stuff like this but the thing that bothers me more than anything is that he doesn’t show a lot of emotion Signing autographs for Indiana fans.  Now I’ve only seen video clips but it almost looks like he’s just doing it because he has to since he’s going to commit to another school out-of-state

45 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I usually freak out over stuff like this but the thing that bothers me more than anything is that he doesn’t show a lot of emotion Signing autographs for Indiana fans.  Now I’ve only seen video clips but it almost looks like he’s just doing it because he has to since he’s going to commit to another school out-of-state

You are looking WAY too far into things

53 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Oh wow... Have you ever seen him play basketball?

Reminder to folks. Kris Wilkes visited us a few weeks before saying yes to UCLA and Ed Schilling. Romeo visiting  Vandy and Kansas coming in means nothing more than fact finding. What's the problem there? Everything I've hear this week seems good. Why ruin a good week with this stuff?

57 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Well, IU, Kansas, and Vanderbuilt are the only ones recruiting Romeo, so I doubt you have seen his demeanor signing autographs for fans for the other schools.

So how about McBob's scholarship situation again? 

At least that was a better conversation and far more grounded in reality than the posts from people losing their minds over Romeo visiting Vandy. I'm not sure how a long planned visit to that gym, in front of that crowd for what will likely be a severe beat down is at all positive for Vandy or negative for IU in this recruitment. 

I may be in the minority here, but I really just am not all that concerned about where this kid goes to school. Would I love to have him at IU? Of course! Will this make or break Archie's ability to draw top-flight talent from in-state going forward? Of course not. Like everyone else following this recruitment, I get sucked into the drama of it. But in the end, he's just a kid playing a game that he loves and is really good at. I loved watching Damon too. But he never brought us another banner, and his college career ended up being kinda meh. Still love the legend and his career though. As a fellow native Hoosier and IU alum, I'd like Romeo to come to Bloomington. If he decides that's not in his best interest, I hope the kid flourishes wherever his career takes him. I'm still loving this team next year...and the year after, and so on, with or without RL. 

2 hours ago, hoosierBGH said:

So how about McBob's scholarship situation again? 

At least that was a better conversation and far more grounded in reality than the posts from people losing their minds over Romeo visiting Vandy. I'm not sure how a long planned visit to that gym, in front of that crowd for what will likely be a severe beat down is at all positive for Vandy or negative for IU in this recruitment. 

It would be nice if Florida gave them a beat down but Vandy actually only lost by 7 during the 1st meeting.   I know Vandy's record is bad but they actually have lost several close games(9 of their losses by 10 or less).  They played UK and UT close both times they played.  I'm sure Romeo is getting the same message that he gets from IU... Come here and be the missing piece and help us win.

Go Hoosiers!!!

45 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

It would be nice if Florida gave them a beat down but Vandy actually only lost by 7 during the 1st meeting.   I know Vandy's record is bad but they actually have lost several close games(9 of their losses by 10 or less).  They played UK and UT close both times they played.  I'm sure Romeo is getting the same message that he gets from IU... Come here and be the missing piece and help us win.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Yeah, I’m guessing he’s smart enough to realize he’s not the missing piece at Vandy. I don’t see Vandy being much with or without him based on what they’ll have coming back. 

4 hours ago, BEKA said:

I may be in the minority here, but I really just am not all that concerned about where this kid goes to school. Would I love to have him at IU? Of course! Will this make or break Archie's ability to draw top-flight talent from in-state going forward? Of course not. Like everyone else following this recruitment, I get sucked into the drama of it. But in the end, he's just a kid playing a game that he loves and is really good at. I loved watching Damon too. But he never brought us another banner, and his college career ended up being kinda meh. Still love the legend and his career though. As a fellow native Hoosier and IU alum, I'd like Romeo to come to Bloomington. If he decides that's not in his best interest, I hope the kid flourishes wherever his career takes him. I'm still loving this team next year...and the year after, and so on, with or without RL. 

Agree, wholeheartedly.  Well, said.

Archived