Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

University recently announced that McBob is graduating after this year and coming back for his last year of eligibility.  So it seems like his future has already been discussed/decided, but who knows if he’s going to get a scholarship or not.

Thanks for sharing. Kind of makes you wonder if folks inside the department still monitor all the sites. Haha...looks like McRoberts and his family are fine with whatever course IU and Archie choose. No more debate necessary on whether he has earned a ship or if it kills morale by not giving him one. 

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for sharing. Kind of makes you wonder if folks inside the department still monitor all the sites. Haha...looks like McRoberts and his family are fine with whatever course IU and Archie choose. No more debate necessary on whether he has earned a ship or if it kills morale by not giving him one. 

It's also possible he's been told he is getting the scholarship for next season. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

"looks like McRoberts and his family are fine with whatever course IU and Archie choose"

Just don't see why we need to question Archie. 

I didn't question Archie, but that doesn't say they had discussed him having a scholarship already. 

I will question Archie if McRoberts doesn't get a scholarship. 

10 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I didn't question Archie, but that doesn't say they had discussed him having a scholarship already. 

I will question Archie if McRoberts doesn't get a scholarship. 

But there's no reason to do that, at all. We don't have enough information to have an opinion on that matter. Unless you live in the McRoberts household, why worry about it? 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But there's no reason to do that, at all. We don't have enough information to have an opinion on that matter. Unless you live in the McRoberts household, why worry about it? 

There are reasons to question Archie is he doesn't offer McRoberts a scholarship. Questioning people for how they do things is a good thing that should be done. 

I'm not worried about it anymore than I worry about anything else with regards to IU and I recognize I may not have all the information if he doesn't get one and that it should temper my reaction, but that doesn't mean things shouldn't be questioned. We should all question many, many things. 

No doubt it's good to ask questions. We love our program so healthy debate is always good. Talking though in absolutes i.e. saying there's a problem with Archie if he doesn't give him a scholarship is the antithesis of debate. It says or reads he better do it or else.

Either way. McRoberts family is good. IU is building momentum. McRoberts is a guy next year that can help us out for 2-3 years to come. Every 4 star dude in the locker room is saying look at him. I need to be him. Play like him. Try like him. This will help us and IU and Archie for years. 

27 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

As I remember, can't play that game.  If he's on any kind of scholarship and plays it counts as an athletic scholarship.

You can play that game in baseball. Biggest difference is there's about the same number of scholarships for a baseball team as there is for the basketball team.

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No doubt it's good to ask questions. We love our program so healthy debate is always good. Talking though in absolutes i.e. saying there's a problem with Archie if he doesn't give him a scholarship is the antithesis of debate. It says or reads he better do it or else.

Either way. McRoberts family is good. IU is building momentum. McRoberts is a guy next year that can help us out for 2-3 years to come. Every 4 star dude in the locker room is saying look at him. I need to be him. Play like him. Try like him. This will help us and IU and Archie for years. 

Who said there was a problem with Archie because we disagree with something he may never do? Surely you aren't talking about me?

10 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

I wish McBob gets a free ride. He absolutely deserves it, and it will be a feel-good story for Hoosier fans. 

With that said, I wouldn't be against MIller if he uses the last scholarship for someone else. HIs job is to make the team better any way he can.

Sometimes the best thing you can do for the long term health of an organization is to make sure hard work doesn't go unnoticed. Especially when you're trying to build a culture of hard work. 

12 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

I wish McBob gets a free ride. He absolutely deserves it, and it will be a feel-good story for Hoosier fans. 

With that said, I wouldn't be against MIller if he uses the last scholarship for someone else. HIs job is to make the team better any way he can.

Bingo.  If we miss the tourney next season his seat will be on fire in year 3.  He will do whatever makes the team best.

Archived