Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard directly from someone whom I believe would have access to such information , the following:

Romeo was/is IU's to lose only if Miller didn't impress this season.  

I think most everyone would agree, all things considered,  that situation has trended favorably.   This would also coincide with recent info about more emphasis on the perspective coach's and their abilities when reaching a decision.

McHoop

6 minutes ago, McHoop said:

I heard directly from someone whom I believe would have access to such information , the following:

Romeo was/is IU's to lose only if Miller didn't impress this season.  

I think most everyone would agree, all things considered,  that situation has trended favorably.   This would also coincide with recent info about more emphasis on the perspective coach's and their abilities when reaching a decision.

McHoop

Great first post.  Much the same I have been told.

However, after my posts today, I have been requested not to post any more info on Romeo.  I will respect, and honor that request, in order not to alienate a highly respected source.   And  I hope that HSN 3.0 also respects and understands, my reason for shutting down any future talk about Romeo. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This is what I've heard 

Yep.  Not hearing we are out of it.  But that TJD is considering alternatives, now.  Unlike before , when he was considered an IU lock.

Actually.... good for him.  Should he choose IU in the end.... he needs to know it was the right decision.

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yep.  Not hearing we are out of it.  But that TJD is considering alternatives, now.  Unlike before , when he was considered an IU lock.

Actually.... good for him.  Should he choose IU in the end.... he needs to know it was the right decision.

Agree

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Don't you think if by some chance we land Romeo our odds of getting TJD and Brooks go up?  I think the floodgates open if he commits.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Don't you think if by some chance we land Romeo our odds of getting TJD and Brooks go up?  I think the floodgates open if he commits.

To me Romeo recruitment won't impact them at all other than giving them comfort knowing if he chose there....they should be good as well. Romeo will be gone by the time either are on campus.

With that said. Is TJD smelling sparty or UCLA? I don't why a big who looks at how Juwan is being used would change their mind. Whoever has info. Spill it. Enough of the cryptic...haha

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To me Romeo recruitment won't impact them at all other than giving them comfort knowing if he chose there....they should be good as well. Romeo will be gone by the time either are on campus.

With that said. Is TJD smelling sparty or UCLA? I don't why a big who looks at how Juwan is being used would change their mind. Whoever has info. Spill it. Enough of the cryptic...haha

He likes Purdue... or at least his family does. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't tell 5fouls that.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I am with Seeking6.... based on what I have heard.... one recruitment does not lead or depend upon the other.

Having said that... a TJD commitment would certainly come a long way towards Archie's promise to lock down the state of Indiana. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I am with Seeking6.... based on what I have heard.... one recruitment does not lead or depend upon the other.

Having said that... a TJD commitment would certainly come a long way towards Archie's promise to lock down the state of Indiana. 

I think TJD is the most important recruit in 2019. Period. Kid fits Archie's system perfect. A 6'10" kid that moves like a guard. Somewhat Cody Zeller'ish.

5 minutes ago, ephul said:

I think TJD is the most important recruit in 2019. Period. Kid fits Archie's system perfect. A 6'10" kid that moves like a guard. Somewhat Cody Zeller'ish.

I can see why he's so coveted.   Guys like Cody and Jeffries are the best kind of recruits IMO in that they're good enough to make a big impact as freshman but not quite good enough to be one and done.

24 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I can see why he's so coveted.   Guys like Cody and Jeffries are the best kind of recruits IMO in that they're good enough to make a big impact as freshman but not quite good enough to be one and done.

There was a lot of talk about Zeller going pro after his freshman year.  He could have definitely been a one and done, and he decided against it.

1 minute ago, StLHoosier said:

There was a lot of talk about Zeller going pro after his freshman year.  He could have definitely been a one and done, and he decided against it.

Yes I know that.  I'm just saying that I doubt TJD is a lottery pick after his freshman year and therefore probably not one and done. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Romeo will not be one and done if he goes to IU or Kansas.  If he makes a mistake and goes to Vandy, I could see him leaving, but not the other two. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

Romeo will not be one and done if he goes to IU or Kansas.  If he makes a mistake and goes to Vandy, I could see him leaving, but not the other two. 

I agree, he's not the sure fire one and done everyone thinks he is. Incredibly special talent, most likely a sure fire NBA player, but I don't see him leaving his freshman year unless he just strongly desires to leave that bad.

27 minutes ago, ephul said:

I agree, he's not the sure fire one and done everyone thinks he is. Incredibly special talent, most likely a sure fire NBA player, but I don't see him leaving his freshman year unless he just strongly desires to leave that bad.

He's a sure fire lottery pick. Would probably be one this year. That doesn't mean he will be a one and done, but he's definitely a sure fire lottery pick.

Archived