Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Biased? Yes. But this author is beginning to feel how we are all afraid to let ourselves feel.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/why-romeo-langford-appears-to-be-going-to-indiana-senior-year-mix-tape/

Definitely biased, and definitely well reasoned -- if I do say so myself ;) .  Somebody had to say it after all of the developments over the last few weeks.

9 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Definitely biased, and definitely well reasoned -- if I do say so myself ;) .  Somebody had to say it after all of the developments over the last few weeks.

Unabashed homer.....and not afraid to admit it.  Just like myself. And modest too. LOL  You've been a very welcome addition to Hoosier Sports Nation !

1 hour ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Biased? Yes. But this author is beginning to feel how we are all afraid to let ourselves feel.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/why-romeo-langford-appears-to-be-going-to-indiana-senior-year-mix-tape/

...and it takes a good writer to recognize a good writer. Enjoy your stuff as well even though you haven't had time to write lately. HSN 3.0 is blessed to have lots of journalistic talent among the membership.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

You had me up until the roster part and then you lost me. Good thoughts however over all.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Glad you said it. Of course we're thinking it...can't help it.  It's all in good fun until the announcement.  Hopefully no one tries to steal Romeo's thunder like was done to Yogi.

2 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Yeah, I would agree that is the least compelling of the points.  But I do think IU's roster offers the most clear place for him to shine without much competition.

I would agree with a caveat.  I think Garland would provide a lot of assists and Romeo would have plenty of room to shine at Vanderbilt. I just think a little of the luster would be offset by playing for a young mediocre team.  Who knows what Shittu will be like after a significant injury and as a rusty and inexperienced freshman.  Garland will be inexperienced as well.  The supporting cast appears to be nothing to get excited over and the coaching is suspect based on the two year record.  If Romeo wants to play in March, I see Vanderbilt as the least likely to achieve that success.  Even though IU appears to have plenty of opportunity at the 2, overall, I see a lot more promise in that team than I do in Vanderbilt.

19 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Yeah, I would agree that is the least compelling of the points.  But I do think IU's roster offers the most clear place for him to shine without much competition.

Disagree. Vandy. Garland feeding him where ever he wants it. He will need to play 40 mins a game for Vandy to win games. Not at IU.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I would agree with a caveat.  I think Garland would provide a lot of assists and Romeo would have plenty of room to shine at Vanderbilt. I just think a little of the luster would be offset by playing for a young mediocre team.  Who knows what Shittu will be like after a significant injury and as a rusty and inexperienced freshman.  Garland will be inexperienced as well.  The supporting cast appears to be nothing to get excited over and the coaching is suspect based on the two year record.  If Romeo wants to play in March, I see Vanderbilt as the least likely to achieve that success.  Even though IU appears to have plenty of opportunity at the 2, overall, I see a lot more promise in that team than I do in Vanderbilt.

I agree. And I think that we have some nice pieces in place, just need a prolific scorer that can hit with regularity from beyond the arc. I think that our kids could be dangerous next season with Romeo. We’d most likely finish top 4 without, but I feel like we can challenge for the B1G with him... and likely, compete at a national level also.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, I think the beauty of Morgan, if he's still there, is that he takes some of the pressure off Romeo because defenses have to honor JMo.  Vandy doesn't have that proven commodity in their front court.  While Garland is listed as a PG, he averages 28 a game, so it isn't like he's Chris Reynolds.  He's more of a Yogi that is going to be looking to score.  But even  if Romeo went to Vandy, both he and Garland are likely in the NBA next year.

23 hours ago, IU Scott said:

because you have been the one on all the boards spouting that he was going to Vandy all along

I still think he's going to Vandy.  But I highly doubt anyone outside of Romeo and his parents know where he's going.  We're all speculating.  It does look like IUs chances have increased though and I agree that IU is the only school that makes sense for him.  I still believe though that Romeo won't be able to tell Garland no in the end.  It's just his personality.  He's a lot more Lebron than he is Jordan or Kobe.  Again just my opinion and I've certainly been wrong before. 

Archived