Here you go. What a combination!

May1 at Emmis Communications Center in Indy

I think that I'll save my $84

IMG_0497.JPG

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Oh Chicago pizza, Gino’s East, and so many great pizza spots. 

Houston, for some reason that eludes me — as a city touting its food and restaurant culture — can’t make pizza! And I’m a pizza guy, I mean Mother Bears was like a second home.

So I love Chicago as a city, and for its 🍕 

I still remember like it was yesterday the coupons for a $4.95 Mothers Bears pizza and large coke.  I'd grab a stack of those coupon books the first week of the year so I had enough to last all year, lol!

Next time you are in Chicago during nice weather, stop at Ranallis. Good pizza, big beer list, with a large outdoor seating area. Only downside is they are a Badger bar >:(

http://ranallislincolnpark.com/

21 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Schoop's and Round the Clock are both awesome! Schoop's burgers are good but I used to love going there for breakfast as well. I will try to stop by some of your pizza places next time I am in that neck of the woods, but a few more really good pizza places are Albano's Pizza in Michigan City (and they have one in LaPorte), Val's in Chesterton, and Toni's Pizza in Valparaiso.

I just stumbled on Albanos a couple years ago. Going home to IL from MI and trying to avoid the I80 traffic got hungry and tripadvisor recommended it. Have made it a point to stop by a few times now for pizza on the car ride home.

40 minutes ago, rico said:

What happened to the Romeo thread?

I’ll propose a question. Does Romeo have a shot at B1G POY? Or first team? 

I propose that if he’s going to be named on preseason first team lists it’s not a crazy to think he has a shot at POY. If things play out like I think they should here is my preseason all big ten team  

Palmer jr

Happ

Edwards

Romeo

Juwan

What do you think?

Edit. Just realized history is not on my side. Has a freshman ever won B1G POY?

26 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I propose that if he’s going to be named on preseason first team lists it’s not a crazy to think he has a shot at POY. If things play out like I think they should here is my preseason all big ten team  

Palmer jr

Happ

Edwards

Romeo

Juwan

What do you think?

He'll be the best player in the B1G. By far.

28 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Palmer jr

Happ

Edwards

Romeo

Juwan

What do you think?

Nah, Juwan will win B1G POY. Romeo should easily get B1G FOY. 

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Not a chance.  Juwan will be lucky to get drafted.  Romeo will go top 5 and top 10 at worst.

Draft projections aren’t a factor in POY though. Jackson Jr. and Bridges are projected higher than Bates-Diop and Bates Diop was the best of the three last year. 

16 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He'll be the best player in the B1G.  You can believe it or not.

I thought that I was watching a Barry Sanders highlight film for a minute there!  It is awesome to see some of his jukes in slow motion!  You talk about breaking ankles!  Great ball player but  an even better person!

12 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

I thought that I was watching a Barry Sanders highlight film for a minute there!  It is awesome to see some of his jukes in slow motion!  You talk about breaking ankles!  Great ball player but  an even better person!

But he's apparently soft.

2 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Here you go. What a combination!

May1 at Emmis Communications Center in Indy

I think that I'll save my $84

IMG_0497.JPG

So like Dakich to stir the pot with this invitation.   He’s stimulated by irritating people, which is the reason I drive by him every time.  

The man has effortless athleticism.  Looks like he hardly needs to try on a lot of these plays.  If Romeo keeps getting more confident and intense, he could be a DOMINANT player in the NBA.  It will be interesting to see how him and Barrett compare towards the end of the year.

2 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

So like Dakich to stir the pot with this invitation.   He’s stimulated by irritating people, which is the reason I drive by him every time.  

I'm already in for 10 tickets.  Heading to the store now to buy some spray tan and their entire stock of diet Coke.

24 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

The man has effortless athleticism.  Looks like he hardly needs to try on a lot of these plays.  If Romeo keeps getting more confident and intense, he could be a DOMINANT player in the NBA.  It will be interesting to see how him and Barrett compare towards the end of the year.

Coach Shannon said that there hadn't been a time when he had the ball and wasn't double or triple teamed in about 2 years.  Still nearly broke Bailey's record.

Archived