Romeo Langford

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I'm 27

Well you write like you're in the same highschool graduating class(giving you the benefit of the doubt) as Hoosiertilidie.

I'll end it at that.  Sorry for calling out the Golden Child - he won't be shooting over 38% in the B1G.  Would love to have some wagers publicly escrowed. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

You are most definitely not alone! Smith showed signs this past season of taking off. After summer workouts and training, seems really likely to be primed for that frosh to soph jump, kid has a lot of talent

What I loved about his game this past season, was the fact that he wasn’t scared of attacking and trying to dunk on everyone!! Plus, he shot at a fairly good clip from outside.

7 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Anyone on here that's not retired - I'd love to wager that Romeo won't be shooting over 38% from 3-point his Freshman season.

My wannabe thug was in regards to Josh Newkirk.  I don't expect you old heads to follow these goonies' Instagrams, but skipping class & grabbing ass was their motif.

If you can't say that Robert Johnson had a complete turnaround mid-season - I won't be partaking in a back & forth with you on an online forum.  It is cute you guys remember my posts though, must be because of all the truth within.  Stay tuned.

Lol at “complete turnaround.”  Outside of the one game he went off against Iowa, he shot 35% from three in conference play.  Meanwhile Romeo is one of the best shooters and all-around scorers to ever come out of Indiana.  Keep trolling.

Lol - look at what Archie said about RJ at the end of the season.  I would've thought some of you self-prescribed 'die-hards' would have a little more respect for RJ after the second half of last season.

Point remains - anyone who disagrees with me, please wager on the 38% 3PT shooting :).  Tuff crowd

3 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Lol - look at what Archie said about RJ at the end of the season.  I would've thought some of you self-prescribed 'die-hards' would have a little more respect for RJ after the second half of last season.

Point remains - anyone who disagrees with me, please wager on the 38% 3PT shooting :).  Tuff crowd

None of us have knocked RJ in any of our posts. In fact, you're the only one who did in December. 

Interesting discussion (but please keep it civil!). RJ is a very good 3-point shooter. Langford is coming in (yes, I said "is" not probably or maybe, vbg) as an all around fantastic scorer. But can he do that as a frosh? Maybe, and particularly because he'll have guys like Morgan, Smith, maybe Davis, etc. to help him create space. I don't know enough about his outside game to speak to it, but seems like the team is already built to help him score, including from outside, on a really high level.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Interesting discussion (but please keep it civil!). RJ is a very good 3-point shooter. Langford is coming in (yes, I said "is" not probably or maybe, vbg) as an all around fantastic scorer. But can he do that as a frosh? Maybe, and particularly because he'll have guys like Morgan, Smith, maybe Davis, etc. to help him create space. I don't know enough about his outside game to speak to it, but seems like the team is already built to help him score, including from outside, on a really high level.Interesting discussion (but please keep it civil!). RJ is a very good 3-point shooter. Langford is coming in (yes, I said "is" not probably or maybe, vbg) as an all around fantastic scorer. But can he do that as a frosh? Maybe, and particularly because he'll have guys like Morgan, Smith, maybe Davis, etc. to help him create space. I don't know enough about his outside game to speak to it, but seems like the team is already built to help him score, including from outside, on a really high level.

I'm failing to see where RJ has proven he's a very good 3pt shooter? I think he's a solid shooter. And outside of a 10 game stretch as a JR I really liked his career at IU. He simply wasn't a go to guy. When he was a SO was when we got to see him shine in his role best suited to his ability. 

10 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

What else would you expect him to say? I’m not going to say what Romeo will or won’t shoot, as far as a percentage goes... but I will say that he’s obviously a program changer. Who really cares about which kid can shoot for a higher clip? As long as they can shoot and make plays, I’m fine. 

If we just had Romeo on this years team he's 6-7 win difference. ISU/Fort Wayne don't happen. Nor does Wiscy or Illinois. Add to that Home games with Duke, Sparty, Purdue, and Ohio St??

In terms of 38%. That's a good number. Hulls went 40, 41, 49, 44 during his 4 years. JB Jr went 38, 46, and 42 during his 3 years.If I were betting I'd probably stay away from that bet because it's a bit close to say yes or no either way. 

1 hour ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Anyone on here that's not retired - I'd love to wager that Romeo won't be shooting over 38% from 3-point his Freshman season.

My wannabe thug was in regards to Josh Newkirk.  I don't expect you old heads to follow these goonies' Instagrams, but skipping class & grabbing ass was their motif.

If you can't say that Robert Johnson had a complete turnaround mid-season - I won't be partaking in a back & forth with you on an online forum.  It is cute you guys remember my posts though, must be because of all the truth within.  Stay tuned.

I asked you earlier how many times you had seen Romeo play.  You haven't answered.

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm failing to see where RJ has proven he's a very good 3pt shooter? I think he's a solid shooter. And outside of a 10 game stretch as a JR I really liked his career at IU. He simply wasn't a go to guy. When he was a SO was when we got to see him shine in his role best suited to his ability. 

He shot 37% from the arc as a junior, on 70 of 189 shots), and again as a senior - 37.3% on the season. That's very good in my book, not spectacular, but very good. He shot 50% from the arc this past February. He did not develop a JBJ-level ability to create his own shot from the arc, but he also was shooting that 37% while being our #1 defender and generally doing a hell of job defensively, that is, as a two-way player. You don't shoot 37% from the arc while serving as the team's best perimeter defender unless you're good.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He shot 37% from the arc as a junior, on 70 of 189 shots), and again as a senior - 37.3% on the season. That's very good in my book, not spectacular, but very good. He shot 50% from the arc this past February. He did not develop a JBJ-level ability to create his own shot from the arc, but he also was shooting that 37% while being our #1 defender and generally doing a hell of job defensively, that is, as a two-way player. You don't shoot 37% from the arc while serving as the team's best perimeter defender unless you're good.

Shot 34.5% from three for the year if you take out the single outlier Iowa game.  Guarantee Romeo will shoot much better than that next year, even if you were to take out his single best shooting game.

45 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

The big barking boys looking like my guy Peter Griffin when I mentioned a 38% 3PT wager.

tenor.gif?itemid=9584750

That’s a great line. I might just take it for fun. How much you looking to fire on it? We’ll send crypto before the season starts to a reliable source if anyone has accounts on here to hold that.

....and I thought posts on Vic were controversial lol. At least I kept it civil with “old crusty” btown (kidding)!

Didn’t we all bitch about “jacking up 3’s,” and shooting two many 3’s in years past?

Frankly, I’ll be disappointed if Romeo is just out there shooting 3’s. As someone else said, he’s a dynamic all around scorer. He’s extremely versatile, and doesn’t need the outside shot to put up high scoring. Umbers.

1 minute ago, Hoosier24 said:

....and I thought posts on Vic were controversial lol. At least I kept it civil with “old crusty” btown (kidding)!

Didn’t we all bitch about “jacking up 3’s,” and shooting two many 3’s in years past?

Frankly, I’ll be disappointed if Romeo is just out there shooting 3’s. As someone else said, he’s a dynamic all around scorer. He’s extremely versatile, and doesn’t need the outside shot to put up high scoring. Umbers.

Not me! Nova just won the title by jacking up record threes. Beilein was in on the three trend before it was big. Crean understood the value of 3 point shooting. I actually have a lot of questions  about Archie’s system but I trust him.

Just now, 5fouls said:

Romeo is not just going to jack up 3's.  He's elite taking it to the basket, and has an excellent mid-range game.  He's not an Alford, Roth, or Zeisloft from 3, but I think he can top 40% with good shot selection.

His favorite played is lebron. Archie doesn’t let players have the freedom that crean did. He def won’t be firing up ridiculous shots and making the whole show about him. I’d like my side if that guy wants to fire at it but he set a great line at 38% imo 

1 hour ago, hoosierdaddy said:

As a coach what else would you say. Its all coach talk. Dont comment on my grammar or punctuation typing in my phone and dont really care  most with the IQ of a banana understand each other. 

Why would you want to win that bet if you are an IU fan. If Romeo shoots above 38% thats a good thing.

I have 2 kids in college why would i even want to lose money in a message board bet. Thats the dumbest thing i have heard in this thread.  That says a lot. Now making a wager to donate to charity thats a different story. Still a dumb wager

Archived