Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

If we can land Hurt...just wow...grad transfer big was more important than shooter for me so this would be perfect! 

I’d be totally onboard with shooter meaning a Max Beifeldt type of big, though yes I’d prefer a wing/guard shooter over a big that can’t shoot. 

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Tough to count on four star freshmen to hit the three consistently right off the bat.  I would be pretty shocked if any of those three shot much above 35% for the season (and kind of doubt Anderson will see the floor much at all).

Not saying they are going to be the next Zeisloft, but what was Nick ranked coming out of high school?  The number of stars next to your name has little meaning on ou ability to shoot the ball.  It seems these days that fewer and fewer 5* kids can shoot, yet they can pretty much all jump out of the gym.

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I’d be totally onboard with shooter meaning a Max Beifeldt type of big, though yes I’d prefer a wing/guard shooter over a big that can’t shoot. 

I’m still figuring out Archie’s system. I took most of last year off. I don’t trust DD coming back from injury and what do we have that’s quality for the 4/5 after Morgan? Shooting was a major need but isn’t another big just as important with Romeo coming in to shore up some of the shooting problems?

9 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Not saying they are going to be the next Zeisloft, but what was Nick ranked coming out of high school?  The number of stars next to your name has little meaning on ou ability to shoot the ball.  It seems these days that fewer and fewer 5* kids can shoot, yet they can pretty much all jump out of the gym.

That’s why we’re all saying a grad transfer shooter. 

8 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I’m still figuring out Archie’s system. I took most of last year off. I don’t trust DD coming back from injury and what do we have that’s quality for the 4/5 after Morgan? Shooting was a major need but isn’t another big just as important with Romeo coming in to shore up some of the shooting problems?

I still think a lot of people are underestimating Jake, he's not going to be a game changer his freshman year but I think he can at least be solid. Kid's got experience going up against elite talent on a daily  basis and watching tape he doesn't fumble the ball when he get's it in the middle!

2 minutes ago, Max said:

If we were to somehow get a commit and reclass from hurt, you have to expect that one of our current recruits maybe rome decommits right?

Not necessarily. Hurt seems to be a OAD player. I'm more uncertain if his addition is what we need though. He's listed as a PF and he would definitely start, so either Morgan is our Center or we have Hurt play SF, but I feel that's our deepest position (Hunter, Smith, Anderson). Feel like we're most in need of a Combo Guard type player.

1 minute ago, hoosier10 said:

A lineup of whichever guard steps up, Romeo, Smith, Morgan and Hurt would be damn good. That team would have an extremely deep bench as well.  I need to stop getting myself excited like this

I know lol. We haven’t even landed Romeo yet or even know how much substance this reclassification info has but it’s a lot of fun to talk about.

3 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

Good share, thanks.  Mr. Langford ends the clip by saying, "If they're true Romeo fans, instead of just school fans, ..."

I think Indiana fans could probably give him a golf clap if he announces for VU or KU, but let's not pretend IU fans will be thrilled and cheer for him if that's the case.

Surprised that portion of the interview isn’t being discussed more.

10 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

Good share, thanks.  Mr. Langford ends the clip by saying, "If they're true Romeo fans, instead of just school fans, ..."

I think Indiana fans could probably give him a golf clap if he announces for VU or KU, but let's not pretend IU fans will be thrilled and cheer for him if that's the case.

I completely understand  a parent wanting people to be a fan of their child, but as a parent who has had the yeah that's my kid moments and also the d... wish my kid hadn't done that moments, I think it's completely selfish to think that school fans should give up their fandom!! That being said I wish Romeo well wherever he goes!

11 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

Surprised that portion of the interview isn’t being discussed more.

I'm more surprised to hear that apparently Romeo and his family are waiting until the last second to get together and talk this out. I'm wondering why they haven't done so yet considering that he made his announcement date like two weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but I’ve been told Hurt is going to reclassify to 2018.  Not a usual source and it could very well be a bunch of smoke.  Just wanted to let the board know what I was told.  We shall see....

I don’t remember when I suggested this might be a possibility I believe sometime last year......but I really hope he follows the race train and reclassified to 2018 and commits to IU 

2 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I reckon that it’s just the family sitting down and going through it all one last time and then giving it a day to process. 28th talk, 29th process, 30th commit.

Agree.

Oh, almost forgot.  Unless there is a leak before Sunday, which there very well could be.   I plan on having something on Sunday.  Something I have been sitting on for nearly a week now. Listen to the drums.  Can you hear them now ? 

And don't call me tonto.  LOL

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Agree.

Oh, almost forgot.  Unless there is a leak before Sunday, which there very well could be.   I plan on having something on Sunday.  Something I have been sitting on for nearly a week now. Listen to the drums.  Can you hear them now ? 

You’re a tease. 

9 hours ago, Max said:

If we were to somehow get a commit and reclass from hurt, you have to expect that one of our current recruits maybe rome decommits right?

Why would any one decommit because they would not be over signed and Hurt probably would be a one and done player.  Also those players have already signed their LOI so it is not easy to get out of their commitment.

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Agree.

Well man...I guess I'll check this board on Sunday! This thread by the way has become a social media page in my life, LOL

Archived