Romeo Langford

20 years ago I would never find myself saying this. After 2 Big 10 Titles outright and 1 shared and only 1 Final 4 appearance in those 20 years I don't care anymore about who stays, goes...if you want to be here, cool. If you think minutes are plentiful elsewhere...leave now. I want the most talented kids, who want to be here and compete for their minutes. 1996 Kentucky team. 9 players played in the NBA. Why can't we duplicate.

Back to Romeo. Glad for him and his family this will be done come Monday night....the tough part will start Tuesday. Sounds good on Hurt. There has to be a reason as to why Archie has been holding 2 ships.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Agree.

Oh, almost forgot.  Unless there is a leak before Sunday, which there very well could be.   I plan on having something on Sunday.  Something I have been sitting on for nearly a week now. Listen to the drums.  Can you hear them now ? 

And don't call me tonto.  LOL

Debating on placing some yard work outside on a fabulous day in Indiana on hold to sit like a child with my phone in hand watching for a post from @milehiiu.  Is that bad?

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Agree.

Oh, almost forgot.  Unless there is a leak before Sunday, which there very well could be.   I plan on having something on Sunday.  Something I have been sitting on for nearly a week now. Listen to the drums.  Can you hear them now ? 

Thank you Mile for 'potentially' a great news!

RL recruitment is very significant by itself, but more importantly there can be a domino effect after his commitment. We can become a powerhouse within a few years that can contend Big 10 and FFs (eventually Championships) every year. 

Good days are ahead. Go Hoosiers!

I'm taking a shot at your tease Mile.  I think Romeo commits and shortly after that we hear that Hurt or Watford is reclassifying to 2018.  The two trips to see the Watfords so close to each other seem odd, and I wonder if they were just finalizing some details.  I have literally no sources just reading the tea leaves.

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Agree.

So Mile were you in the advertising or newspaper business?  You sure know how to through in a "tease".

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No.. and they all have already signed. They can't back out unless they transfer. 

Rome would not transfer even if he could.  Hes a highly talented guy and will play meaningful minutes from day 1, if anything someone on the current roster would be one possibly that would transfer.  

46 minutes ago, slojoe said:

So Mile were you in the advertising or newspaper business?  You sure know how to through in a "tease".

Neither. I owe all teasing skills to tonto, and to watching the news on tv.   LOL

Seriously... if there is a leak before Sunday... it will cancel out what I have planned for Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Neither. I owe all teasing skills to tonto, and to watching the news on tv.   LOL

Seriously... if there is a leak before Sunday... it will cancel out what I have planned for Sunday. 

Well you don't have to wait until Sunday. Beat the leak. We won't complain. 

7 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Crystal ball predictions flipping yet? Josh Gershon is a pay pick...with 90% accuracy ...any paying member of 247 know his pick?

Evan Daniels with an even better accuracy %  And higher number of picks 61 out of 66.  And has the temerity not to put his pick behind a paywall.

I guess we can guess what Gershon's pick is... since Romeo's percentage went up the day after Evan posted his pick for Romeo.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Evan Daniels with an even better accuracy %  And higher number of picks 61 out of 66.  And has the temerity not to put his pick behind a paywall.

I guess we can guess what Gershon's pick is... since Romeo's percentage went up the day after Evan posted his pick for Romeo.

Pls advise your inside info today, not 4/29.

1 minute ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Pls advise your inside info today, not 4/29.

It's not inside info.  Just something related to Romeo, that I have been working on, and hope that HSN enjoys.  I had fun putting it together.  Keep listening for the drum beat. 

But any leak before Sunday will kind of kill it. 

To all the "Insiders" who claim Romeo wasn't being recruited by Crean or that IU had no shot with him if Crean was still the coach: "“A lot of Indiana fans didn’t, but we liked coach Crean,” Langford said. “They would have been in the mix. After he got fired, he stayed in contact for three months, asking how Romeo is doing and things like that. Even when he got the Georgia job, he texted us. We liked him, not just as a coach but a person.” -Tim Langford

This isn't intended to be a pro-Crean post but rather where do some of you come up with your "info"? 

29 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

To all the "Insiders" who claim Romeo wasn't being recruited by Crean or that IU had no shot with him if Crean was still the coach: "“A lot of Indiana fans didn’t, but we liked coach Crean,” Langford said. “They would have been in the mix. After he got fired, he stayed in contact for three months, asking how Romeo is doing and things like that. Even when he got the Georgia job, he texted us. We liked him, not just as a coach but a person.” -Tim Langford

This isn't intended to be a pro-Crean post but rather where do some of you come up with your "info"? 

Lol you truly believe that’s how they felt about Crean?  He’s obviously just being courteous and not throwing Crean under the bus.  

30 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Good stuff 82. 

14 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

Lol you truly believe that’s how they felt about Crean?  He’s obviously just being courteous and not throwing Crean under the bus.  

How is that “obvious?” 

Are you claiming Tim Langford and his comments can’t be taken at face value? 

Watching the interview with him yesterday, despite his excessive use of interjections, which plenty of people do when on camera, he did not at all strike me as someone who bullsh*ts.

Its alright to have an opinion, my friend, but projecting it onto someone else isn’t very couth.

4 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

Thank you Mile for 'potentially' a great news!

RL recruitment is very significant by itself, but more importantly there can be a domino effect after his commitment. We can become a powerhouse within a few years that can contend Big 10 and FFs (eventually Championships) every year. 

Good days are ahead. Go Hoosiers!

Tamp down those emotions.  All I have is something I have been working on for days now.  I like it, and hope you all do too. Romeo related.  And as part of this epic thread, thought it would be cool to post one day before the announcement.  That is all.  Probably won't post it until Sunday evening.  As that fits in with what I have.  So don't waist your Sunday activities, because of me.   But keep listening for that drum beat !

12 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

How is that “obvious?” 

Are you claiming Tim Langford and his comments can’t be taken at face value? 

Watching the interview with him yesterday, despite his excessive use of interjections, which plenty of people do when on camera, he did not at all strike me as someone who bullsh*ts.

Its alright to have an opinion, my friend, but projecting it onto someone else isn’t very couth.

I think you have to read between the lines a bit. People sugar coat things in the media. I think the truth is that they clearly had communication with Crean, and of course the stuff about texting is so specific that I'm sure they did trade communication at various times over the last year and probably do really like the guy. But, I don't think there's chance that IU would be in Langford's final 3 heading down to a commitment if Crean was still the coach. 

The Langford's are clearly very classy people that handle things the right way, so they would have treated IU with respect, but no way IU was seriously in the mix if Crean was here. 

Archived