2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

On the criminal charge.  He'd be out before his finger prints dried.  Court fees and lawyers, fine, may cost him a few thousand dollars.  NFL will mandate all sorts of volunteer hours, anger management and loss of over a years pay.  Garrett is on a 4-year 30 million fully guaranteed contract. So he's going to lose up to let's say 7 and 1/2 million dollars.  He's definitely getting punished

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not in football, but there has been precedent set in other professional sports, most notably hockey, to charge and convict players for in-game assault.

Both Todd Bertuzzi and Marty McSorly were convicted of assault and put on probation/fined/community service. Dino Ciccarelli was actually jailed for a day.

If this were in any other workplace, Garrett would be behind bars this morning, waiting to be bailed out by his attorneys. This was more than just an "in the heat of the moment" incident. There are also reports this morning that while this was going on, the Browns' sideline was celebrating the actions. That tells me that there is an environment in the Cleveland locker room that, if they don't endorse this kind of behavior, they at least tolerate it. 

Never have been a Steelers fan and won't become one now. Always had rooted for the Browns in the past, as I tend to cheer for the underdog role. No longer will root for the bunch of thugs up on Lake Erie. Freddie Kitchens has shown in so many ways that he is not in control of his team, and that the inmates are running the asylum.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like Marlon Mack fractured his hand and probably will be out for awhile.  I have never seen a team so snake bitten as the Colts when it comes to injuries the last couple of years.

And Williams steps up for a hundy plus. Very impressive performance today. Short week. Control the line....win the game. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

And Williams steps up for a hundy plus. Very impressive performance today. Short week. Control the line....win the game. 

If I heard it right today...this is the first time in Colts history they had 2 guys rush for a hundred+ in the same game.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

If I heard it right today...this is the first time in Colts history they had 2 guys rush for a hundred+ in the same game.

Win a trivia contest this week somewhere but Albert Bentley and Randy McMillan did it at the Hoosier Dome on Oct 6th 1985 in a win over Buffalo.

Archived