2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cowboys have themselves in another little mess. Dak has wanted a new contract but now the Cowboys have to wait I would think because if there is going to be a coaching change you'll be forcing a qb on that coach if they sign him now. Who knows. Maybe Urban Meyer will shock everyone and head to the league. 

Where's Herschel Walker when you need him?  LOL

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rico said:

Where's Herschel Walker when you need him?  LOL

Well....they actually might have him in the form of Zeke. I don't know the Cowboys roster that well but to me they appear to need about 5-6 players. Funny how history can repeat itself but maybe a new coach would pull a Jimmy Johnson and trade the franchise RB for major picks and overhaul the whole operation. If one thing is true in today's NFL you don't need an elite RB to win.....plus I believe their backup (Tony Pollard) would do very well in the interim. Of course that's just me being armchair GM.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Well....they actually might have him in the form of Zeke. I don't know the Cowboys roster that well but to me they appear to need about 5-6 players. Funny how history can repeat itself but maybe a new coach would pull a Jimmy Johnson and trade the franchise RB for major picks and overhaul the whole operation. If one thing is true in today's NFL you don't need an elite RB to win.....plus I believe their backup (Tony Pollard) would do very well in the interim. Of course that's just me being armchair GM.

Wonder if Jimmie Johnson is interested 😁

4 minutes ago, rico said:

You mean like he was with Miami?

Yeah, he didn't put very much effort into that one. 

I just looked...He's 76 years old! Looks pretty good for his age, but I'd forgotten just how old he was. Looks a lot younger than Jerry Jones...

Must be the hair...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, he didn't put very much effort into that one. 

I just looked...He's 76 years old! Looks pretty good for his age, but I'd forgotten just how old he was. Looks a lot younger than Jerry Jones...

Must be the hair...

No...it is the fishing!

Just now, IUFLA said:

Belichick, Walsh, Gibbs, and...Ditka! 😁

Yeah, maybe JJ...

I loved Coach Ditka as much as anyone during that time but looking back at it. He cost us at least 2 more titles with some of his moves on the field.....let alone endorsing every product known to man while telling his players not to do that that caused problems off the field. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I loved Coach Ditka as much as anyone during that time but looking back at it. He cost us at least 2 more titles with some of his moves on the field.....let alone endorsing every product known to man while telling his players not to do that that caused problems off the field. 

That, the tight purse strings of the McCaskeys (and yes, Michael McCaskey carried a purse...think Wilbur Marshall), and McMahon's inability to stay healthy all led to the death of the dynasty before it really started.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:54 PM, IUFLA said:

That, the tight purse strings of the McCaskeys (and yes, Michael McCaskey carried a purse...think Wilbur Marshall), and McMahon's inability to stay healthy all led to the death of the dynasty before it really started.

My Bear buddy still maintains to this day that Chicago screwed up selecting McMahon.  Everybody was aware of the QB talent that was going to be available in '83.  They could have waited a year.

I hope Andrew Luck is enjoying his retirement because he has ruined this football season for Colts fans.  Also the special teams coach needs to be fired because the special teams has been horrible this season.  I have no idea what they were trying to do blocking on that block field goal because they just let the guy run free off the right side.  The biggest play was the holding call on Nelson when we had a 11 yard run for a first down but was called back on that holding play.  Instead of having 1st and 10 inside the 25 we had 1st and 20 and had to settle for the field goal that got blocked.  If we could have kept that drive going and get a TD then we might have won the game.

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope Andrew Luck is enjoying his retirement because he has ruined this football season for Colts fans.  Also the special teams coach needs to be fired because the special teams has been horrible this season.  I have no idea what they were trying to do blocking on that block field goal because they just let the guy run free off the right side.  The biggest play was the holding call on Nelson when we had a 11 yard run for a first down but was called back on that holding play.  Instead of having 1st and 10 inside the 25 we had 1st and 20 and had to settle for the field goal that got blocked.  If we could have kept that drive going and get a TD then we might have won the game.

I missed the part where Andrew Luck owed other people the right to decide what is best for him.

57 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did not say he owed us anything but to retire  a week before the season where we were Super Bowl contenders was not good

Maybe he has some things going on in his life that you don't know about that are more important than a Super Bowl.

18 hours ago, rico said:

My Bear buddy still maintains to this day that Chicago screwed up selecting McMahon.  Everybody was aware of the QB talent that was going to be available in '83.  They could have waited a year.

I don't know. McMahon had all the talent in the world. Great arm. Smart. Could read a defense. But somewhere between his machismo and rebel spirit, his body just couldn't take it (along with a dash of that dirty SOB Packer, Charles Martin). He was the right guy I think. Just didn't pan out after 85.

Besides, if the Bears had waited til 83 to draft a QB, they undoubtedly would have selected Blackledge or Eason.

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know. McMahon had all the talent in the world. Great arm. Smart. Could read a defense. But somewhere between his machismo and rebel spirit, his body just couldn't take it (along with a dash of that dirty SOB Packer, Charles Martin). He was the right guy I think. Just didn't pan out after 85.

Besides, if the Bears had waited til 83 to draft a QB, they undoubtedly would have selected Blackledge or Eason.

Remember, the Bears had two 1st round picks in '83

Archived