2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same old stuff for my Bears. Take a look at the box score without knowing score and you think Bears win. The early game changing call on text book play made by Patterson on punt return changed early momentum and gave 12 a short field to work with. 

Problem remains the same for me with  Bears. I don't have enough faith in our GM to address what needs to happen which is improve OLine, probably have to draft another RB, address TE via free agency or draft and the beat goes on.....and that's if you believe Mitch is the answer. Usually after a couple years together you have a good idea of what direction to go with coach/qb/personnel but right now I'm more confused. Such is life being a fan of the Bears.

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Same old stuff for my Bears. Take a look at the box score without knowing score and you think Bears win. The early game changing call on text book play made by Patterson on punt return changed early momentum and gave 12 a short field to work with. 

Problem remains the same for me with  Bears. I don't have enough faith in our GM to address what needs to happen which is improve OLine, probably have to draft another RB, address TE via free agency or draft and the beat goes on.....and that's if you believe Mitch is the answer. Usually after a couple years together you have a good idea of what direction to go with coach/qb/personnel but right now I'm more confused. Such is life being a fan of the Bears.

I question Nagy going for it on 4th down a couple times when the Bears could have flipped the field.

That last play of the game was exciting...damn, they were oh so close.

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No 1st rounder either (Khalil Mack, and I'm not sorry they did that). 

I'm not sold on Mitch or Nagy, but knowing the tight-fisted McCaskeys, we'll have another couple of years to see if last year was fools gold.

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

No 1st rounder either (Khalil Mack, and I'm not sorry they did that). 

I'm not sold on Mitch or Nagy, but knowing the tight-fisted McCaskeys, we'll have another couple of years to see if last year was fools gold.

Maybe having 15k no shows next Sunday night when Chiefs come to town will cause them or Pace to come out from the closed doors they all are in and actually discuss what they intend on doing. I'll say this forever. People can think whatever they want about Jim Irsay...but I'll take that guy as my owner every single day. And his GM too. Open. In public. Transparent. Weekly talk shows. Where as with McCaskeys and Pace never a clue what they might be thinking.

I'm not a big have to fire people but I have seen more than enough from Pace to know I don't trust him to fix this thing. Jury still out on Nagy and Mitch probably. 

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Ya see, who the heck ever was a sure fire franchise QB?  Brady?  Montana?  Tarkenton?  

I have watched all of those QB's this year and just was not that impressed at looking forward to the NFL.  I am not just going to pick a QB just because we need one and stretch for a guy.  I feel you should pick the BPA over just the best at your position of need and teams who just pick for need are always picking high.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have watched all of those QB's this year and just was not that impressed at looking forward to the NFL.  I am not just going to pick a QB just because we need one and stretch for a guy.  I feel you should pick the BPA over just the best at your position of need and teams who just pick for need are always picking high.

Tell us who you have watched this year for curiosity's sake.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Tell us who you have watched this year for curiosity's sake.

I have watched all the top QB's in this class.  To me Burrows is a one hit wonder who has done it only for one year so I am not going to pick him # over all.  Tua is coming off of an injury and he seems to be  a little injury prone and just don't see like a great NFL QB.  Fromm did not have a great year or at leas tin the game sI watched.  The kid from Oregon was alright but to me not owrth a top pick

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have watched all the top QB's in this class.  To me Burrows is a one hit wonder who has done it only for one year so I am not going to pick him # over all.  Tua is coming off of an injury and he seems to be  a little injury prone and just don't see like a great NFL QB.  Fromm did not have a great year or at leas tin the game sI watched.  The kid from Oregon was alright but to me not owrth a top pick

How about the kid from Washington?  Texas?  I bet you haven't seen the kid from Utah St.

On a side note to this discussion...I don't listen to the national talking heads much, but I do listen to Cowherd regularly.  Listened to his takes yesterday and he thinks a minimum of 6 QB's will be taken in the 1st Rd. come Spring.  Take it FWIW.

25 minutes ago, rico said:

On a side note to this discussion...I don't listen to the national talking heads much, but I do listen to Cowherd regularly.  Listened to his takes yesterday and he thinks a minimum of 6 QB's will be taken in the 1st Rd. come Spring.  Take it FWIW.

I agree there will be a lot of QB's taken but a lot of it will be just picking because of need.  Not saying the Colts don't need to draft a QB but if they are picking around 12th I think that is to high for most of these QB's to be picked.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I agree there will be a lot of QB's taken but a lot of it will be just picking because of need.  Not saying the Colts don't need to draft a QB but if they are picking around 12th I think that is to high for most of these QB's to be picked.

Luck comes back, Colt's draft a defensive player and sign Antonio Brown. Also, I run a 5 minute mile at 65 years of age.

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Burrows is very good. system will be very important but he puts the ball where it needs to be. I would have no problem taking him #1 if i am Cincy or take Young from OSU and trade Dalton to try and get a QB end of the first round. 

To me it is a huge mistake for the Bengals not to pick Chase Young if he enters the draft

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Ryan Grigson is that you?

1 minute ago, rico said:

Ryan Grigson is that you?

Teams that pick for need is the teams you always see picking high like the Browns and Bengals.  If you have Chase Young graded as 97 and the best QB s a 90 you are  making a mistake by picking the QB.  I would assume that picking at the top of the second round the QB's there won't be graded that much lower than the top QB.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Teams that pick for need is the teams you always see picking high like the Browns and Bengals.  If you have Chase Young graded as 97 and the best QB s a 90 you are  making a mistake by picking the QB.  I would assume that picking at the top of the second round the QB's there won't be graded that much lower than the top QB.

The only problem is that if you're desperate for a quarterback six other teams are going to take a quarterback in front of you so you're going to get the 7th projected quarterback in the draft picking number one in the second round. that's the problem

Archived