2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

29 minutes ago, rico said:

I would take him.

Colin Cowherd was saying yesterday reasons why Brady to Colts make sense. I won't get into the ins and outs but basically he said what a lot of people league wide think of the Colts. One of the best Olines in NFL, league wide respect for Reich as a coach, playing indoors, winnable division, deep threat in Hilton and plenty of tight ends.....said the position is very attractive to many.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Colin Cowherd was saying yesterday reasons why Brady to Colts make sense. I won't get into the ins and outs but basically he said what a lot of people league wide think of the Colts. One of the best Olines in NFL, league wide respect for Reich as a coach, playing indoors, winnable division, deep threat in Hilton and plenty of tight ends.....said the position is very attractive to many.

Now that would be the most irony of all ironies.

23 minutes ago, rico said:

Now that would be the most irony of all ironies.

I mean I know it won't happen but he went down the list of each team who will need a qb and if you take the name off of each team and just list the pros/cons....Indy might make the most sense. After Ballard's presser yesterday (which I loved) I have zero doubt the QB position will be addressed right away this off season.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

They say the antichrist can take on a fair appearance. Damned if that wouldn't qualify.

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My contempt of Brady exceeds my passion for the Colts.  Drew Brees?  I'll take it all day long.  Phillip Rivers?  I could live with that.  Tom Brady?  No can do.

I can't stand Rivers but if he came here and won I think I could forgive him.  I don't see how bringing in a 38 year old QB has a solution to the QB problem.  I also don't see a solution in this years draft class at 13 either.

44 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't see how bringing in a 38 year old QB has a solution to the QB problem.  I also don't see a solution in this years draft class at 13 either.

Your second sentence answered the first. It buys a year or two until a better long term solution comes up.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would offer one of our 2nd round picks plus a 5th, that was what we got for Marshall Faulk

I see you mention him quite a bit.  I don't understand the love.   He's paid 25 mil a year.  He had one good season and is now rated around 18th.  With our o line, Bridgewater with an Eli backup would be a fun way to roll the dice for a hell of a lot cheaper than 25 mil.  

16 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I see you mention him quite a bit.  I don't understand the love.   He's paid 25 mil a year.  He had one good season and is now rated around 18th.  With our o line, Bridgewater with an Eli backup would be a fun way to roll the dice for a hell of a lot cheaper than 25 mil.  

Not saying I think he is great but he is better than any QB available in this draft

20 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Maybe he means any available at 13.  Last year's 13th pick is getting 5 years 15 million.   Vs Carr 5 years 125 mil.  Pass.  Hard pass.  

Available at 13? Maybe.

But taking on Carr's salary? Lunacy. Hell, I'd rather use Dalton as a 1-2 year bridge vs Carr.

Really, the best move might be to hold with Brissett for another year to see how he develops and make a pick in the 2nd/3rd. Taking a gamble on Jordan Love or Jacob Eason in the first is way too high. Either one at 35 or 45....a little more reasonable.

Or, God forbid...the Bengals screw this up and don't take Burrow and that will cause all kinds of chaos. Yes, it should be obvious, but this is the Bungles we're talking about. Two words: Akili Smith. When your drafting is so bad that the statement "We'd have been better off taking Cade McNown" is actually true....

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Available at 13? Maybe.

But taking on Carr's salary? Lunacy. Hell, I'd rather use Dalton as a 1-2 year bridge vs Carr.

Really, the best move might be to hold with Brissett for another year to see how he develops and make a pick in the 2nd/3rd. Taking a gamble on Jordan Love or Jacob Eason in the first is way too high. Either one at 35 or 45....a little more reasonable.

Or, God forbid...the Bengals screw this up and don't take Burrow and that will cause all kinds of chaos. Yes, it should be obvious, but this is the Bungles we're talking about. Two words: Akili Smith. When your drafting is so bad that the statement "We'd have been better off taking Cade McNown" is actually true....

They really can't go wrong with Chase Young though they better be able to bring in at least a Bridgewater.  Seeing what Jackson is doimg this year it's more enticing to gamble on that style of qb.  And he did pretty well at saints.  

31 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Available at 13? Maybe.

I would still take Case Young at 1

On 1/3/2020 at 8:53 AM, Seeking6 said:

If for some crazy reason they were to happen. I called it back when Luck retired.  Mostly joking but felt there was very slim possibility for the many reasons mentioned 

Archived