2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Reason 9,456,782 why Watson should be wearing a Bears jersey right now. Kid is just a winner. Saw a stat this morning. QB's who have been sacked more than 6x in a game and down 16 points over the last 10 years were 1-117. Now 2-117.

I'm going to have to perform an exorcism or something. I love watching Watson and Mahomes play quarterback. I also sit there watching them thinking what if. Especially with Watson. 

Something tells me that you will be haunted for years to come...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I'm glad I saw a few people posting about. Here's what is so equal about the NFL.

Green Bay, KC, Baltimore, New Orleans, Tennessee, Buffalo....all 6 teams are from what we refer to them as small markets...and it's not like Minneapolis, Seattle....are considered large tv markets. New York, Chicago, LA all not in playoffs. Truly a league where the whole big vs small market idea that is so prevalent in other sports isn't real. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One thing I'm glad I saw a few people posting about. Here's what is so equal about the NFL.

Green Bay, KC, Baltimore, New Orleans, Tennessee, Buffalo....all 6 teams are from what we refer to them as small markets...and it's not like Minneapolis, Seattle....are considered large tv markets. New York, Chicago, LA all not in playoffs. Truly a league where the whole big vs small market idea that is so prevalent in other sports isn't real. 

This is why the NFL is so successful.

14 hours ago, rico said:

Well, if he wouldn't have fumbled...but yeah, I was pulling for Drew.

Or lose to a 2 win Atlanta team at home coming off their bye and they aren't even playing yesterday. I'm not even going into the discussion of pass interference or not. All I'll say is why have the rule to review plays and right a wrong if not properly used. Anyone who has ever played, coached, watched or been near a football field realized Rudolph extended his arm and in a razor thin league....that's all he needed to get an advantage.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Or lose to a 2 win Atlanta team at home coming off their bye and they aren't even playing yesterday. I'm not even going into the discussion of pass interference or not. All I'll say is why have the rule to review plays and right a wrong if not properly used. Anyone who has ever played, coached, watched or been near a football field realized Rudolph extended his arm and in a razor thin league....that's all he needed to get an advantage.

There was a lot of hand fighting on that TD.  Personally, I think it was the right call.

@Seeking6   A  few weeks back I was in the barbershop and a retired former Big 10 football official was in there.  The talk in the shop was about the reviews of PI's.  The official said that in his opinion about 80% of PI calls involve both the offensive and defensive players doing something wrong.  He said the way to get the call right when this happens is to call off-setting penalties on both and make it a "do-over".  Now that should have probably been the case yesterday but the rules just aren't set up that way.

21 minutes ago, rico said:

@Seeking6   A  few weeks back I was in the barbershop and a retired former Big 10 football official was in there.  The talk in the shop was about the reviews of PI's.  The official said that in his opinion about 80% of PI calls involve both the offensive and defensive players doing something wrong.  He said the way to get the call right when this happens is to call off-setting penalties on both and make it a "do-over".  Now that should have probably been the case yesterday but the rules just aren't set up that way.

Agree for the most part. Like with many things on a football field we've gone down this path of the old saying paralysis of analysis. Not sure what's worse. Just a bad call or bad call not being overturned....and don't get me started on a coin flip indirectly changing the outcome of a season for a team. Yes. I know the Saints D could have stopped Vikings. Still don't agree with that particular rule either. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree for the most part. Like with many things on a football field we've gone down this path of the old saying paralysis of analysis. Not sure what's worse. Just a bad call or bad call not being overturned....and don't get me started on a coin flip indirectly changing the outcome of a season for a team. Yes. I know the Saints D could have stopped Vikings. Still don't agree with that particular rule either. 

I can't help but think the OT rules are in effect due to television.  I mean why just not play another quarter of football?  I don't want to hear about the "injury factor" or fatigue.

Archived