2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

30 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A little too early, but of the current crop of Heisman QB winners in consideration, he's putting up the best numbers.

I thought Cam Newton was headed that way, but he's kinda been flamed out by injuries. 

Two longshots that might eventually get consideration: Carson Palmer and Jim Plunkett. I'm talking Old Timers committee if there's no one else worthy...

Palmer to me is the poster child for the "Hall of Very Good". If he hadn't taken that hit vs Pittsburgh in the playoffs, pretty sure he'd be in the HOF. But he lost a little of his edge after that, mentally moreso than physically. Took him until Arizona to get it back.

Great player.....just shy of the HOF though.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Palmer to me is the poster child for the "Hall of Very Good". If he hadn't taken that hit vs Pittsburgh in the playoffs, pretty sure he'd be in the HOF. But he lost a little of his edge after that, mentally moreso than physically. Took him until Arizona to get it back.

Great player.....just shy of the HOF though.

Oh, I agree...I just think that the QB Heisman winners and HOF numbers don't jive, so just presenting the 2 that have any chance. Seems to me the Old Timers committee is a bit more forgiving than the regular voters...

Of course, tell that to Jerry Kramer (who finally made it) and Tommy Nobis (who, in my eyes, is the most glaring omission now).

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Two longshots that might eventually get consideration: Carson Palmer and Jim Plunkett. I'm talking Old Timers committee if there's no one else worthy...

I don't see either having a snowball's chance in Hell of reaching the HoF.

25 minutes ago, rico said:

WTF?  The Raiders have a shot at making the play-offs?  Yes.  From what I am gathering if the Titans lose(at Houston), Steelers lose(at Ravens), Colts win(at Jags) and the Raiders win(at Denver)...then Chucky is in.  

Yep. And looking at that scenario....seems like it could happen. 

Looks like the Colts will pick 13th and to me there will be no QB's worth picking there.  Burrows really looks like the only QB in this class that I would be willing to bet that will be a good starting QB in this league.  Even Burrows will be a crap shot because he only started one year but last night looked great.  I still think at 13th we should take the BPA and hopefully that will be a WR or DT.

Not sure if everyone stayed up and watched the finish to Seahawks/49ers game but wow. The PI missed call should have made it 1st and goal at the 1. The Oline confusion/injury.......another mishap at the goal line is costing Seahawks and for their efforts they get to head to Philly next weekend. I'm sure the talking heads will suggest the need for reseeding. 

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like the Colts will pick 13th and to me there will be no QB's worth picking there.  Burrows really looks like the only QB in this class that I would be willing to bet that will be a good starting QB in this league.  Even Burrows will be a crap shot because he only started one year but last night looked great.  I still think at 13th we should take the BPA and hopefully that will be a WR or DT.

I have plenty of faith in Ballard but the Colts desperately need someone opposite of TY. I think that position (besides making a decision on qb) is priority all off season. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Phillip Rivers is a pretty polarizing guy. Most either like him or hate him. Will be curious to see where he ends up. Many teams could look at him as a stop gap or bridge for next 1-2 years while developing a drafted qb. 

Would you take Rivers for a year for our beloved Bears, while we find a replacement for Sling-along-with-Mitch?

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Phillip Rivers is a pretty polarizing guy. Most either like him or hate him. Will be curious to see where he ends up. Many teams could look at him as a stop gap or bridge for next 1-2 years while developing a drafted qb. 

Denver?

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If I were the Colts I would roll the dice with rivers.  Jacobi is not the solution.  Draft a QB  and give him a year or two to be ready. With above average QB  Colts are a playoff team 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Would you take Rivers for a year for our beloved Bears, while we find a replacement for Sling-along-with-Mitch?

Right now heck yes. I'm going to be curious (once he declares) how far Tua falls. Some smart GM or Coach (Patriots) might take a chance on the kid and use a stop gap for one year while getting Tua healthy. Maybe the Colts....or even Dolphins with their 3 first round picks. If Tua's hip looks like full recovery someone is going to look like a genius in 2-3 seasons if they steal him in 2nd round.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Right now heck yes. I'm going to be curious (once he declares) how far Tua falls. Some smart GM or Coach (Patriots) might take a chance on the kid and use a stop gap for one year while getting Tua healthy. Maybe the Colts....or even Dolphins with their 3 first round picks. If Tua's hip looks like full recovery someone is going to look like a genius in 2-3 seasons if they steal him in 2nd round.

Me too...

But with the Bears luck, If Tua fell to them, he'd have to reposition his walker to hug Roger Goodell...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Me too...

But with the Bears luck, If Tua fell to them, he'd have to reposition his walker to hug Roger Goodell...

Yep. No matter what.....we'll mess the qb decision/call somehow. Will be curious to see what Pace has to say tomorrow. He only speaks once a year (coward that he is). 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Yep. No matter what.....we'll mess the qb decision/call somehow. Will be curious to see what Pace has to say tomorrow. He only speaks once a year (coward that he is). 

No doubt...

I think it all has something to do with our last HOF QB being named Luckman...

Archived