2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Right now heck yes. I'm going to be curious (once he declares) how far Tua falls. Some smart GM or Coach (Patriots) might take a chance on the kid and use a stop gap for one year while getting Tua healthy. Maybe the Colts....or even Dolphins with their 3 first round picks. If Tua's hip looks like full recovery someone is going to look like a genius in 2-3 seasons if they steal him in 2nd round.

What does the "Tua camp" say?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

If I were the Colts I would roll the dice with rivers.  Jacobi is not the solution.  Draft a QB  and give him a year or two to be ready. With above average QB  Colts are a playoff team 

I don't know how much he has left and how he reacted to our crowd the one year in the playoffs turned me off of Rivers.

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Same as Willis McGahee sounds like.

Willis only had a small policy if he could never return to football he would earn a few million.  My understanding on Tua after 30 seconds of research is they actually didn't take out the loss of value policy...only the policy if he could never return to football. Huge mistake by whoever is in this kids camp. Honestly at a school like Bama it's mind boggling for a kid like him not to have this given his preseason projections.

10 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

And you're correct. Always get him and Cutler confused as to a to who was from Santa Claus.

I went to ATC tech school with a guy from Santa Claus...people would ask him where he was from and he'd tell them...they'd all said the same thing...

"Yeah, right."

51 minutes ago, rico said:

So who is everybody pulling for in the play-offs?  I would like to see a KC/NOLA match-up in the SB.

Anybody but the Packers, Vikings, 49ers, Seahawks, Eagles, Titans, Bills, Patriots, Ravens, and Chiefs would be ok with me 😁

You have so many NO transplants from Katrina down here in H-Town there'd be a war...

Wasn't sure where to put this so I'll throw it in here because it relates to NFL. I know we all want new stadiums to get their turn for Super Bowl hosting. I get it and understand  cities like Indy and others deserve that. With that said watching the sunset last night during Rose Bowl I feel like one of the most iconic stadiums in all of sport let alone football deserve a spot in the rotation every 6-7 years for Super Bowl.

Only problem (besides new stadiums getting ticked) is that NFL would have to move the kickoff up a bit to take advantage of that sunset. Just a thing of beauty. I've been outside the stadium but never been for a game. Maybe it's the midwestern kid in me or whatever but when it's cold, dark,etc....back here and staring at the tube seeing the sun, mountains, palm trees....very few other visuals in sport capture the same. Start of the Derby, Indy 500 prerace, Masters....trying to think of others. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this so I'll throw it in here because it relates to NFL. I know we all want new stadiums to get their turn for Super Bowl hosting. I get it and understand  cities like Indy and others deserve that. With that said watching the sunset last night during Rose Bowl I feel like one of the most iconic stadiums in all of sport let alone football deserve a spot in the rotation every 6-7 years for Super Bowl.

Only problem (besides new stadiums getting ticked) is that NFL would have to move the kickoff up a bit to take advantage of that sunset. Just a thing of beauty. I've been outside the stadium but never been for a game. Maybe it's the midwestern kid in me or whatever but when it's cold, dark,etc....back here and staring at the tube seeing the sun, mountains, palm trees....very few other visuals in sport capture the same. Start of the Derby, Indy 500 prerace, Masters....trying to think of others. 

Well they use to have it there all the time

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well they use to have it there all the time

Yep, 5 of them, the last in 1993.

The NFL has a policy that says no Super Bowl in metro areas that don't have an NFL team, so hence, no SB in the Rose Bowl for 27+ years...

And by the time LA gets another one, the stadium in Inglewood will be done, so I doubt we'll see Pasadena host it again...

Archived