2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

Sounds like McCarthy to Dallas is done deal. Not really sure what to think actually. He had some success but plenty more disappointment with #12 at the helm Can't imagine his results getting better although he's in the NFC East. 9-7 means hosting a playoff game every year.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like McCarthy to Dallas is done deal. Not really sure what to think actually. He had some success but plenty more disappointment with #12 at the helm Can't imagine his results getting better although he's in the NFC East. 9-7 means hosting a playoff game every year.

If I were a coach who had some options the Cowboys and Redskins is the last place I would want to coach.  The coaches are just puppets doing what the owner wants you to do and they meddle well to much in the football operations.

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If I were a coach who had some options the Cowboys and Redskins is the last place I would want to coach.  The coaches are just puppets doing what the owner wants you to do and they meddle well to much in the football operations.

Whoa there.  The Cowboy owner is a football savvy guy.  He wants to win and does what it takes to do such.  

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Whoa there.  The Cowboy owner is a football savvy guy.  He wants to win and does what it takes to do such.  

Hasn't won much since jimmy Johnson left.  I was a Cowboy's fan growing up until the Colt's moved to Indy and still kept up with them.  Once Jones took over I became less and less interested in the Cowboy's

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Hasn't won much since jimmy Johnson left.  I was a Cowboy's fan growing up until the Colt's moved to Indy and still kept up with them.  Once Jones took over I became less and less interested in the Cowboy's

I think Jerry got spoiled with those Aikman led teams.  Been searching for the same components ever since.  But he is a fine owner.

My feelings on MM. Very good at winning weak divisions and lose early in playoffs. I know he has the title and that should come with a certain amount of respect but he wore out his welcome often with many at Green Bay. I can see a situation where if Zeke isn't getting his touches.....there will be an issue. In terms of Dak. I don't know. Flashes of really good and not good but not sold on the $30M per year qb's are getting. 

I've changed my mind on Brady. If he ever leaves Patriots I'm going with Chargers. As a franchise they need Brady (if Rivers leaves) so much. Ability to sell tickets, moving into new LA home....plus you give Brady Allen, Gordon, Ekeler, Henry? Collinsworth mentioned at end of game last night and got me thinking. Really does make the most sense....especially an owner who needs to salvage some good PR for once.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've changed my mind on Brady. If he ever leaves Patriots I'm going with Chargers. As a franchise they need Brady (if Rivers leaves) so much. Ability to sell tickets, moving into new LA home....plus you give Brady Allen, Gordon, Ekeler, Henry? Collinsworth mentioned at end of game last night and got me thinking. Really does make the most sense....especially an owner who needs to salvage some good PR for once.

Brady is a SoCal guy...correct?

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Brady is a SoCal guy...correct?

Originally Northern but can't imagine he or his wife turning down LA.....again big if he chooses to leave New England which I just can't fathom but I guess Montana went to KC....Favre did his multiple stops...obviously Peyton went to Denver so anything is possible.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Originally Northern but can't imagine he or his wife turning down LA.....again big if he chooses to leave New England which I just can't fathom but I guess Montana went to KC....Favre did his multiple stops...obviously Peyton went to Denver so anything is possible.

Joe did it for the BBQ, Favre because of his ego, and Peyton because his retirement plan called for going to a state that had just legalized weed and buying 15 Papa John's franchises...

34 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Does the Mike McCarthy hiring by the Plowboys strike anyone else as Bill Parcells Act II in Dallas?

Kind of the way I was thinking but Parcells was as good as it gets so if he can't handle mess down there....why would or could a guy who neutered #12 for years after a Super Bowl win do it? To me Jerry just guaranteed another hiring in 4 years.

35 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Was not aware of that.  RMK introduced me to Parcells and a no name assistant coach his name was Bill Belli something or other cant remember.  Pretty good company 

I saw them do an interview together years ago and it was brought up.

A line from Wiki...

While serving as linebackers coach at Army, Parcells was also a part-time assistant basketball coach for Bob Knight during the 1966–67 season, which led to their longtime friendship.

21 minutes ago, rico said:

I saw them do an interview together years ago and it was brought up.

A line from Wiki...

While serving as linebackers coach at Army, Parcells was also a part-time assistant basketball coach for Bob Knight during the 1966–67 season, which led to their longtime friendship.

Thank you for sharing.  Lots of similarities between the 2 for sure. I still trust Ricopedia more than Wikipedia 

Archived