College Football (Not Big Ten)

8 hours ago, rico said:

Notre Dame is tied to the ACC...but regardless how many teams would have @Georgia, @Michigan, and @Stanford in the same year?  

They aren’t helped by USC and Stanford being down. Michigan probably won’t be ranked by the end of the year once they lose a few more times. Virginia too. Georgia will be their only ranked game and they lost...not going to help their playoff case...especially since they don’t play a conference championship game like everyone else.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They aren’t helped by USC and Stanford being down. Michigan probably won’t be ranked by the end of the year once they lose a few more times. Virginia too. Georgia will be their only ranked game and they lost...not going to help their playoff case...especially since they don’t play a conference championship game like everyone else.

Now we have shifted to play-offs and away from schedules?

On 10/7/2019 at 3:00 PM, dgambill said:

I’m against all of them...I just said I bash Alabama for it all the time. I think a playoff caliber team should play a strong OOC schedule...not gimmies no matter who they are. I mean Georgia played Murray State...that’s just wrong imo. A team like IU who I get it...but only D1 games should count to bowl eligibility and if you want to play in the playoffs...I think your schedule should live up to your status. If I’m SEC commissioner I have a list of approved conferences you can play....not these lower level teams. It’s bad football honestly.

So you're saying national championship contenders should make things harder on themselves? Why would anyone do that?

Murray State is D-1, by the way.

7 hours ago, rico said:

Now we have shifted to play-offs and away from schedules?

When a team schedules a cupcake I call it for what it is. I'm not trying to bash ND. I like ND it's an Indiana school. I was just saying that game was awful Saturday and the fans didn't get their money's worth. When you play one less game and no conference championship unlike the SEC, ACC, PAC12, BIG12, B1G then you better pack your schedule. The Georgia game was a big game and I give Georgia and ND credit for scheduling it...but ND lost...and I just don't see how they will make the playoffs with what they have left. That's all.

46 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

So you're saying national championship contenders should make things harder on themselves? Why would anyone do that?

Murray State is D-1, by the way.

Sorry. I meant not FCS program. They are a level down. I meant you should play FCS schools to qualify for FCS Championship imo.

30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

When a team schedules a cupcake I call it for what it is. I'm not trying to bash ND. I like ND it's an Indiana school. I was just saying that game was awful Saturday and the fans didn't get their money's worth. When you play one less game and no conference championship unlike the SEC, ACC, PAC12, BIG12, B1G then you better pack your schedule. The Georgia game was a big game and I give Georgia and ND credit for scheduling it...but ND lost...and I just don't see how they will make the playoffs with what they have left. That's all.

I don't give a hoot about the play-offs.  We are talking schedules here.  No more, no less.  Notre Dame plays their schedule and there are worthy opponents on it.  And fyi, these schedules are made years in advance.  Look at the date on this write-up on ND's 2020 schedule...

https://fbschedules.com/notre-dame-2020-football-schedule/

1 hour ago, rico said:

I don't give a hoot about the play-offs.  We are talking schedules here.  No more, no less.  Notre Dame plays their schedule and there are worthy opponents on it.  And fyi, these schedules are made years in advance.  Look at the date on this write-up on ND's 2020 schedule...

https://fbschedules.com/notre-dame-2020-football-schedule/

ND has a good schedule. They can't control which ACC teams they play. I think that is why they scheduled Georgia knowing they had some weaker opponents. Honestly I am not trying to single out ND. It was a bad game against a very weak opponent. I understand that they scheduled several years out. That said if you are going to schedule a weaker conference opponent you risk that team being awful by the time you play them. All I was saying is if they want to make the playoffs (as is their goal every year and as a fan that's what I would want for them) they would be better served keeping to power conferences. I also would like to see them play Purdue again...those were always good games. I agree they do better than most...I just don't like seeing bad football. This was not a bash ND thread...I was just observing the poor competition just like I do when it's Alabama or Miami or Oklahoma.

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

ND has a good schedule. They can't control which ACC teams they play. I think that is why they scheduled Georgia knowing they had some weaker opponents. Honestly I am not trying to single out ND. It was a bad game against a very weak opponent. I understand that they scheduled several years out. That said if you are going to schedule a weaker conference opponent you risk that team being awful by the time you play them. All I was saying is if they want to make the playoffs (as is their goal every year and as a fan that's what I would want for them) they would be better served keeping to power conferences. I also would like to see them play Purdue again...those were always good games. I agree they do better than most...I just don't like seeing bad football. This was not a bash ND thread...I was just observing the poor competition just like I do when it's Alabama or Miami or Oklahoma.

Miami?  LOL

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I couldn't believe when they kicked that.  Incredibly stupid.

It’s who is dumber...then Georgia didn’t. Then USC just missed a gimmie fg in OT to win it. I’m telling you. Georgia hasn’t impressed me this year. I said multiple loses after the ND game and I still believe it even with a win today.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Wow multiple missed fgs...and Georgia loses. The team that played harder and sharper won today....not the best team but put it to the Bulldogs. Georgia didn’t look good. That loss pretty much knocks ND out of the playoffs. 

Say what.  That Georgia loss pretty much knocks ND out of the playoffs?  If UGA wins out, they would be the SEC East champs.  Still football to be played.  But I think burying ND is a tad premature at this point.

Archived