College Football (Not Big Ten)

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I didn’t think ND would piss the bed like this. Game essentially over in this weather. I mean Michigan is spanking them like big brother. 

Actually you called this.  Notre Dame can't run the ball in good weather let alone in a tsunami.  

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Actually you called this.  Notre Dame can't run the ball in good weather let alone in a tsunami.  

Yeah. I didn’t think Michigan could run on ND though. Figured ND would hit short passes to their TEs and big receivers but Michigan is just dominating all facets.

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

A little further north haha.

Even the refs feel so bad for ND they just gifted them a pass interference call on what should have been an interception.

Michigan 17 - Divine Intervention 7

I see the Wal-mart Wolverines are showing their displeasure.

Harbaugh needed that one. Badly. Nothing against the ND fans on here but it's been almost 7 years since they won on the road vs a top 20 team. Wasn't expecting much from them but certainly wasn't expecting them to get manhandled across the board.

LSU continues to impress. Sets up undefeated matchup with Bama on November 9th. UCLA with a big win over Arizona St. Not sure what to think of Big 12 other than what's been posted. Hard to take their teams seriously for national conversation every year. Texas dropped it's 4th game in a row to TCU. Can't make the locals very happy. Not saying Tom Herman is under any massive pressure but Charlie Strong was fired in year 3. Another example of a huge institution that just can't seem to use the unlimited resources they have and translate to wins. Just won't make sense to me.

9 hours ago, rico said:

Just as expected the talking heads are saying that OU's loss really opens the door for 2 SEC teams in the CFP.  

Well....who else deserves to get in? I know you hate the SEC but make a case for someone else? Oregon maybe....but they lost to like the 5th best team in the SEC. Still a lot of games to play but it looks like Alabama and LSU are setting themselves up to make the playoffs. I suppose if Georgia/Florida runs the table and wins the SEC Championship they would have an argument too. I could see B1G get two in if Ohio State say has an injury to their qb and loses at Penn St. but that is their only loss and then State runs the rest of the table. Talking heads will talk but to me SEC is much deeper and more talented then any other conference. When Wisconsin is losing to teams like Illinois and Oklahoma is losing to K-State it's hard to not think they are in the driver seat to get two in. Of course that could change just as Oklahoma losing changed things. Maybe Baylor will win out and save you from that scenario! Matt Rhule...he is a great coach. I was high on him when the Colts were interviewing.

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Bama, LSU, UGA, and UF can flat out play

.. and I'm talking about eye test... not the rankings. 5 of the top 12 are in the sec.

The same Florida team that got smashed around the field by Kentucky,  and only won because they missed a chip shot to win?  LSU and Bama are legit, but Bama doesn't play anyone outside of the SEC, and LSU'S win over Texas doesn't look so impressive anymore.  Auburn got by Oregon on a last minute hail mary after getting owned most of the game (and I cheer for Auburn,  fyi).  Georgia nipped Notre Dame, and Michigan smacked them.  Just don't think it's as cut and dry as ESPN would have you believe. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

The same Florida team that got smashed around the field by Kentucky,  and only won because they missed a chip shot to win?  LSU and Bama are legit, but Bama doesn't play anyone outside of the SEC, and LSU'S win over Texas doesn't look so impressive anymore.  Auburn got by Oregon on a last minute hail mary after getting owned most of the game (and I cheer for Auburn,  fyi).  Georgia nipped Notre Dame, and Michigan smacked them.  Just don't think it's as cut and dry as ESPN would have you believe. 

I dont need ESPN to tell me anything. 

You're doing entirely too much score comparing. 

5 of the top 12 are in the SEC. 

59 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I dont need ESPN to tell me anything. 

You're doing entirely too much score comparing. 

5 of the top 12 are in the SEC. 

I'm just trying to have some objective comparisons along with personal opinions. Obviously we disagree on the absolute dominance of the SEC this year. Nothing wrong with that.  I can tell you from fans down here I know, you value their teams much more than they do this year (excluding Bama and LSU, obviously).

Archived