College Football (Not Big Ten)

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I will say.. I get frustrated when teams drop after a close lose. Last week Iowa was ranked 18th.. lost on the road by 2pts to UW.. who was 13th. Why should Iowa drop to 23rd in the polls? 

Geez, and here I thought you just followed the SEC!  

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I will say.. I get frustrated when teams drop after a close lose. Last week Iowa was ranked 18th.. lost on the road by 2pts to UW.. who was 13th. Why should Iowa drop to 23rd in the polls? 

Just a question but who has Iowa beat to deserve to be 18th? Could it be the voters are realizing they had them too high all along? Perhaps those behind them actually winning against good competition. Let’s be real...rankings are for TV. They mean and hold little value honestly. I typically think the B1G, ND, and SEC are all over valued...especially early on. I wish all the rankings waited until at least week 7 or 8 and then we know what a good win is and ain’t.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

They arent better than either one of those lol 

Idk how many times it takes ND to lose to these teams until people come to the realization that ND football is just ok. Its certainly not elite. 

Auburn, UF, UGA are all better than Wis and ND. ND could barely beat VT at home.. I was there. They're ok. 

Georgia lost to South Carolina at home... I was there. They’re ok. 

Florida barely beat Miami at home. 

Auburn barely beat Mississippi at home. 

I agree that Notre Dame isn’t elite. But why in the world would you consider Auburn, Florida, and Georgia to be elite?

51 minutes ago, rico said:

Given how hard Espn and national pundits are pushing Alabama I would be shocked if they get left out at this point. Bamas offense is top 4 in the country but their defense lacks punch. They lost at home to their only elite opponent. Hopefully Auburn will just do us all a favor and beat them. Even if you think they might be a playoff team I think you should reward conference winners and teams that played a better out of conference schedule. The only way to get teams to schedule tough is to penalize them when they don’t. If you allow Alabama in after losing their only big game then they will never go out of conference for a big game again. You also send a signal to every other power 5 team like OSU, Oklahoma, Clemson, Oregon etc. Also that ball game was not as close as it seemed. LSU dominated and only let it get close late because they ran the clock out. It was a two score game almost entirely and LSU could have have stretched it further if they took risks in the second half. Anyways...pointless to complain...the people at the top only are looking at $$$ that come with Alabama. 

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Given how hard Espn and national pundits are pushing Alabama I would be shocked if they get left out at this point. Bamas offense is top 4 in the country but their defense lacks punch. They lost at home to their only elite opponent. Hopefully Auburn will just do us all a favor and beat them. Even if you think they might be a playoff team I think you should reward conference winners and teams that played a better out of conference schedule. The only way to get teams to schedule tough is to penalize them when they don’t. If you allow Alabama in after losing their only big game then they will never go out of conference for a big game again. You also send a signal to every other power 5 team like OSU, Oklahoma, Clemson, Oregon etc. Also that ball game was not as close as it seemed. LSU dominated and only let it get close late because they ran the clock out. It was a two score game almost entirely and LSU could have have stretched it further if they took risks in the second half. Anyways...pointless to complain...the people at the top only are looking at $$$ that come with Alabama. 

Well, time will tell.  But I see many "experts" are calling 'Bama's schedule into question and that is refreshing.

9 hours ago, rico said:

Well, time will tell.  But I see many "experts" are calling 'Bama's schedule into question and that is refreshing.

I agree. As much as Alabama makes me sick if they played a strong out of conference schedule I would very much support them being in. In the past they’ve played FSU or USC etc but I am all for these big dogs playing across conferences. It’s hard to judge how strong a conference is if they don’t have inter play. B1G and PAC10 and Big12 and SEC whatever it needs to be. We will see. Once we see Alabama win again the calls will get louder.

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

So it's not just Indiana's terrible fans then. 

No it is not.

My cousin from Youngstown, Ohio is a big Notre Dame fan.  He hits every Irish home game.  He drives to my house in his RV and spends Friday night here.  Then heads to South Bend on Saturday morning to catch the game...from his RV in the parking lot!!!!!!  How he gets his RV back to my house Saturday night/Sunday morning is a mystery to me.  But when he does get back to my house he sleeps off the hang-over until he leaves mid day Monday.  

12 hours ago, rico said:

No it is not.

My cousin from Youngstown, Ohio is a big Notre Dame fan.  He hits every Irish home game.  He drives to my house in his RV and spends Friday night here.  Then heads to South Bend on Saturday morning to catch the game...from his RV in the parking lot!!!!!!  How he gets his RV back to my house Saturday night/Sunday morning is a mystery to me.  But when he does get back to my house he sleeps off the hang-over until he leaves mid day Monday.  

Please tell me his name is Eddie

2 hours ago, rico said:

Very well could happen.

I just like their qb. He makes big plays and it seems in the past ND has always had issues with scrambling qbs imo. I don't have evidence just going off of mental memory. Plus these Army/Navy kids play with so much pride and togetherness I always respect them. Typically make it a much closer game then it should.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I just like their qb. He makes big plays and it seems in the past ND has always had issues with scrambling qbs imo. I don't have evidence just going off of mental memory. Plus these Army/Navy kids play with so much pride and togetherness I always respect them. Typically make it a much closer game then it should.

Let's keep in mind here that Navy is ranked...their one loss coming to a pretty good Memphis team.  The Irish are in for a battle today.  Seeing as how my Dad is a USN veteran...Go Navy!!!!!

Archived