College Football (Not Big Ten)

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This was all Urban Meyer's doing. Addazio and he were long time friends. Probably the reason 2 other Ohio St guys were mentioned in search. Going to be funny when it leaks out that Urban's son in law is new QB coach at Colorado St.

You have done your home work.  Well done. Urban played a major part in the hire.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/2/2019 at 9:51 AM, jblaz13 said:

Geez you would think it is late October reading that.Lol I feel for Luke the most out of them.without knowing anything more about him or his program nor caring about the SEC much.

I think the writer covered the Vols rear end .and should have to some degree even if it Ga State they lost to.. 

To me , no coach should have to be worrying about their job after one week unless there are obvious signs it is necessary for the good of the program...as in off the field issues..

Just feels wrong to do to someone  especially knowing early season firing  talk originates in and permeates most SEC fanbases. At the same time these are the more known CFB destination type jobs everyone wants so it cmes with the turf I guess.

Still...Heaven forbid they would have to wait 2 or 3 seasons for a change to start paying dividends.Spoiled brats! Lol

Edit .Removed the jab at UT and other SEC fans ( although I still can't stand the majority of either generally speaking)

Beem hard enough on them but some clearly jumped to conclusions on Pruitt too soon.Ga So didn't exactly turn out to be as bad of a loss as it looked on paper at the time -  by season's end either.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

3 more or the same 3 from about a week ago?

I believe they are also out a defensive starter.  There only chance is if LSU forgets to put the defense on the plane.  

Can't answer your question as to if that makes 6 or not.

And I did see where a guy is out due to injury.

From NBC...

According to 247Sports.com, Andrew Pryts is the latest to enter his name into the NCAA transfer database.  The development doesn’t mean the linebacker is guaranteed to leave as he could always pull his name out. Most times, though, it means a player will ultimately part ways with the program.

Pryts started all 12 games for the Cardinal this season.  The redshirt junior led the team in tackles with 71.

All told, the Pennsylvania native played in 26 games during his time at the Pac-12 school.

With Pryts’ impending departure, a whopping 14 Cardinal players have entered the portal this season.  Included in that group is one-time starting quarterback KJ Costello (HERE), a pair of starting defensive linemen (HERE), an offensive lineman (HERE) and a wide receiver (HERE).

5 minutes ago, rico said:

From NBC...

According to 247Sports.com, Andrew Pryts is the latest to enter his name into the NCAA transfer database.  The development doesn’t mean the linebacker is guaranteed to leave as he could always pull his name out. Most times, though, it means a player will ultimately part ways with the program.

Pryts started all 12 games for the Cardinal this season.  The redshirt junior led the team in tackles with 71.

All told, the Pennsylvania native played in 26 games during his time at the Pac-12 school.

With Pryts’ impending departure, a whopping 14 Cardinal players have entered the portal this season.  Included in that group is one-time starting quarterback KJ Costello (HERE), a pair of starting defensive linemen (HERE), an offensive lineman (HERE) and a wide receiver (HERE).

Jovan Swann is one of those starting DL. He's from Center Grove. 

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Yes.

I saw a few weeks ago that he was transferring.  Wonder if we're looking to bring him in for a year.  We could use a little depth at DT, just wonder if we have the spots available for him.

It'll be interesting. But..  we could use just a little more balance class wise, so if he's an upgrade and we can get him... go get him. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I know it's the SEC with fans being a tad off but noticed Miss St fired their coach after 2 years. Hate to see that trend growing in football more and more. 

Wasn't there some big locker room fight or something with the Bullfrogs?

11 hours ago, rico said:

Wasn't there some big locker room fight or something with the Bullfrogs?

Yep. Which if they were winning that behavior and other off field stuff is overlooked and explained as having "competitive" or "fiery" or "can't stand to lose" guys....haha. This is about winning and losing. 2 years in and he's gone. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Which if they were winning that behavior and other off field stuff is overlooked and explained as having "competitive" or "fiery" or "can't stand to lose" guys....haha. This is about winning and losing. 2 years in and he's gone. 

There are IU basketball fans that will stand up and point to this, going "See? See?!?!" followed by some drivel about a losing mentality.

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

There are IU basketball fans that will stand up and point to this, going "See? See?!?!" followed by some drivel about a losing mentality.

Yep. Which is why I posted to begin with. It's a growing trend not exclusive to IU. I mean Miss St was told no by Louisiana coach for an interview. More than likely reason?? Because what coach would go into a situation where an Admin or AD would be ok with only giving a head coach 24 months to perform. Sometimes you have to hire a coach and stick with him because ultimately you believe in him for the long haul. 

That's where I'm at with Archie. Sure there are growing pains and disappointments but you can't just keep hiring and firing guys. We still might have enough juice to where we can get away with that move one more time but probably not. 

Archived