College Football (Not Big Ten)

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a note. Jim McElwain took over a 1-11 team. After winning yesterday he's 8-4 with Central Michigan and headed to MAC title game. This after winning I think 2 SEC East titles with Florida. Some P5 conference will step up soon. Not sure who but pretty remarkable turnaround.

Yep.  Jim won the SEC East his first 2 years at Fla.  Never made it through the third season.  Did a fine job at Colorado St. before that.  I bet Michigan is keeping a close eye on him if Harbaugh fails again.  But yeah, the guy will get a good gig somewhere.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rico said:

Yep.  Jim won the SEC East his first 2 years at Fla.  Never made it through the third season.  Did a fine job at Colorado St. before that.  I bet Michigan is keeping a close eye on him if Harbaugh fails again.  But yeah, the guy will get a good gig somewhere.

McIlwain is a little on the quirky side (like Harbaugh isn't....). I could see him landing in the B12/Pac12 before Michigan.

I'd be surprised if UM's first call wasn't Les Miles if Harbaugh is shown the door.

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Let me guess. Bama still deserves a shot at national title after losing two within division, no conference title,etc........weak a__ Bama sh__......

So glad I won't have to listen to that crap anymore. War Eagle!! 

Just watch out for the calls in the LSU/UGA game. Don't think it will matter, but the SEC really wants Georgia to win to claim two spots in the playoff. 

Yesterday I was thinking they was probably going to try to find a way to get 3 SEC teams in the CFP.  If Ohio St would lose out against UM and the BT championship. If Alabama would have killed Auburn and Georgia beat LSU on their conference finals.  In that scenario they might have tried to get those 3 SEC teams in.

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yesterday I was thinking they was probably going to try to find a way to get 3 SEC teams in the CFP.  If Ohio St would lose out against UM and the BT championship. If Alabama would have killed Auburn and Georgia beat LSU on their conference finals.  In that scenario they might have tried to get those 3 SEC teams in.

Yes. They. Would. The ESPN propaganda machine would've been going 24/7 for the next week.

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well RicoSPN is trying to figure out a way to keep the SEC out of the CFP.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Well RicoSPN is trying to figure out a way to keep the SEC out of the CFP.

I'm still curious to see if LSU blowout at home is enough for them to jump Ohio St blowout at Michigan. Or would 1 loss Utah or winner of Oklahoma/Baylor be able to jump up and replace Georgia at 4?

One other thing of note is whoever gets first gets to choose where to play. If Georgia does remain at 4.. does Ohio St want to head to Atlanta and play them? Would be a road game so I would expect them to head West. Honestly the same for LSU. If Georgia gets blown out I don't expect it to matter but if they play close it will become a factor.

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm still curious to see if LSU blowout at home is enough for them to jump Ohio St blowout at Michigan. Or would 1 loss Utah or winner of Oklahoma/Baylor be able to jump up and replace Georgia at 4?

I think tOSU's impressive win at the Big House is better than LSU's win at home coupled with a 'Bama loss.  Utah is the one worth watching IMO.

53 minutes ago, rico said:

I think tOSU's impressive win at the Big House is better than LSU's win at home coupled with a 'Bama loss.  Utah is the one worth watching IMO.

Yep. My buddy turned me onto Utah about 5 years ago. Really, really good program and this year showing they are quietly getting near elite. 

1 minute ago, rico said:

Utah lays an egg...no Pac-12 in the CFP...again.

Tough one. Oregon schedules Auburn and ultimately that blown 4th quarter lead to them in week 1 might be the difference in them getting in. Cristobal even mentioned last night they won't be backing down from scheduling hard opponents in nonconference. Doesn't believe in it. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Tough one. Oregon schedules Auburn and ultimately that blown 4th quarter lead to them in week 1 might be the difference in them getting in. Cristobal even mentioned last night they won't be backing down from scheduling hard opponents in nonconference. Doesn't believe in it. 

I would say that Auburn loss was the difference...although that Arizona St. loss didn't help either.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Good for him.  As college football fans,  we get to see better nonconference matchups. Losing on a hail mary against Auburn sucks, but at least he has the stones to face tough competition. 

Just think, they could've scheduled, off the top of my head, Duke in Seattle for a fair neutral site game instead of Auburn. They would've smoked them and made the playoff.  Glad he has more competitive spirit in him.

45 minutes ago, rico said:

Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss.

Related news, Oxford, MS water supply found contaminated with LSD.

Not true, but that would be one of the only reasons why anyone would think hiring Kiffin would be a good idea.

Oh, and God have mercy on him when they go to Knoxville.

16 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Related news, Oxford, MS water supply found contaminated with LSD.

Not true, but that would be one of the only reasons why anyone would think hiring Kiffin would be a good idea.

Oh, and God have mercy on him when they go to Knoxville.

Which begs the question.  Why is he a commodity?

Archived