College Football (Not Big Ten)

6 hours ago, rico said:

Say what.  That Georgia loss pretty much knocks ND out of the playoffs?  If UGA wins out, they would be the SEC East champs.  Still football to be played.  But I think burying ND is a tad premature at this point.

Very well might happen but the early narrative is Notre Dame lost to "that" team? Fair or not...when getting to the Final 4 ND isn't in there and probably won't be. 

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, rico said:

Say what.  That Georgia loss pretty much knocks ND out of the playoffs?  If UGA wins out, they would be the SEC East champs.  Still football to be played.  But I think burying ND is a tad premature at this point.

Georgia is not as good as they have been. I highly doubt they win out. Besides they will get waxed by Alabama or LSU in the championship. That loss is looking worse by the week and I wouldn’t be surprised they lose to either Florida or Auburn too. ND just won’t have that defining win this year (Michigan is down too). They needed to win that Georgia game or hope Georgia won out. It’s going to take several losses by top teams to get back in now. There’s a chance but a small one.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, rico said:

Well, the new rankings are out.  ND #8...UGA #10.

That's a bad loss by Georgia but how do you beat a team a couple weeks before and then turn around and are ranked behind them after losing. Especially when ND was very very fortunate to come out of the USC game with a victory. ND living life dangerously these past weeks. They need to clean up some things else Harbaugh may come in and save his job. My biggest concern was the running game but now that defense looks a bit suspect. I guess I just haven't seen them put it all together against a good team yet this year. If they do I may become a believer. I will say this. Once Cole Kmet came in that offense looks a whole lot more steady. Kid kind of reminds me of Travis Kelce. Would love to see the Colts get their hands on him in the draft.

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

That's a bad loss by Georgia but how do you beat a team a couple weeks before and then turn around and are ranked behind them after losing. Especially when ND was very very fortunate to come out of the USC game with a victory. ND living life dangerously these past weeks. They need to clean up some things else Harbaugh may come in and save his job. My biggest concern was the running game but now that defense looks a bit suspect. I guess I just haven't seen them put it all together against a good team yet this year. If they do I may become a believer. I will say this. Once Cole Kmet came in that offense looks a whole lot more steady. Kid kind of reminds me of Travis Kelce. Would love to see the Colts get their hands on him in the draft.

Speaking of Notre Dame...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27836054/sp+-rankings-week-7-ohio-state-takes-top-spot

9 hours ago, rico said:

Yeah not sure I understand the formula they are using. I understand it's some type of SOS etc so I guess that gives them their rankings but clearly Michigan and Missouri shouldn't be that high etc.

4 hours ago, hoosierdaddy1020 said:

If they have it’s bad news for the conference. They play two of the three remaining one loss teams. (Exception is Oregon). To me they seem Jekyll and Hyde. To be honest the whole pac-12 is, anyone can beat anyone. Crazy competitive. 

I agree...that conference is up for grabs in both divisions.

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

Man I don’t know who is worse right now. Florida St or Miami. Hard to watch power programs stumble.

It's hard. Much like IU basketball over the last 15-20 years it's amazing to watch a powerfully rich program keep stumbling over itself. Manny was right in admitting the rebuild after the game yesterday. Have some upperclassmen that just don't get what it takes. Time to play the kids and start building for next year. 

Archived