Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
KDB

Tiawan Mullen

Mullen is the second highest rated recruit in Indiana's 2019 class and takes the Hoosiers up 1 spot to #48 nationally.

He is the 15th highest ranked Indiana commit since 2000 per 247Sports

• Like 2

Mullen makes it two straight years of an Army All American Bowl player committing to the Hoosiers (Charles Campbell) and is the third Indiana commit or signee to appear in the annual showcase game.

Huge get for IU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I love this Mullens commit! However,  it is so funny how some of these commits who are not from the midwest continue to call IU, University of Indiana!!! B|

Kansas has everybody screwed up?

Thought people would like to know he's been matched up against the #1 WR in country in practice most of today and holding every bit of his own. Been very impressive all week. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought people would like to know he's been matched up against the #1 WR in country in practice most of today and holding every bit of his own. Been very impressive all week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even though Mullen got beat for 2 touchdowns, I really think he's going to be a hell of a player for us. On both of those plays, he had really good position, just didn't make the play against the #2 WR in the country. Once he gets stronger and more experienced he'll break those up.

I can't wait to see him in a Hoosier uniform next year! I think he's one of the  most underrated recruits we've had in a while.

Thanks, KDB.  Great article.  He has a chance to be an impact guy like Marcellino Ball was.

The Mullen family is interesting.  The older brother went to Clemson and just got drafted (I want to say in the second or third round).

I heard there is another brother coming.  I wonder if Tiawan can get him to IU?

Tiawan reminds me a lot of Oladipo when he first came here.  Maybe a little less pure athletic potential and a little more polished in his sport than Oladipo was as a freshman, but the attitude seems similar.  He seems to have that swagger to him that VO had, but he also seems to be a kid who works his butt off to get better.