Trivia

rico

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Redskins?

Correct.  Brady did not beat them until the 2007 season.  He had beaten every other team by 2005.

Joe Gibbs, of course, is in both the Pro Football and NASCAR Halls of Fame.

Antwaan Randle-El was on the Redskins that season and caught 3 passes during the 52-7 drubbing Brady and the Patriots put on Washington.   

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Last night Chris Taylor became just the 5th player in MLB history to hit a walk off home run in a winner take all game. Name the other 4

Good question. Besides Mazeroski I feel like I can see the teams in my head and not specific names. I know there 1 if not 2 Yankees on there but again no names.

Unreal list to join for Taylor last for sure. That's backyard whiffle bat stuff all day long. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Aaron Boone, as @Seeking6 said Mazerozski, Bobby Thompson, and Chambliss? 

All of those are correct but for some reason Bobby Thompsons shot heard round the world was not listed as 1 of the 5. I think it was in game 3 of a 3 game playoff between the Giants and Dodgers. With that all said there is still 1 much more recent

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

All of those are correct but for some reason Bobby Thompsons shot heard round the world was not listed as 1 of the 5. I think it was in game 3 of a 3 game playoff between the Giants and Dodgers. With that all said there is still 1 much more recent

Maybe it's a technicality since Thompson's HR was an extension of the regular season and not a post season game

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe it's a technicality since Thompson's HR was an extension of the regular season and not a post season game

I was getting to ready say the same thing.

As far as the final answer on the question, I think I recall Edwin Encarcion doing it in the wild card game for the Blue Jays a few years ago.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, rico said:

6 guys have won the World Series in both leagues.  Name them.

Paul O'Neil and Kirk Gibson are only 2 i know for sure I have some guesses if no one answers correctly

You are asking players right? I think only 2 or 3 managers one of which was Sparky have done it correct?

Edited by Billingsley99

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Paul O'Neil and Kirk Gibson are only 2 i know for sure I have some guesses if no one answers correctly

You are asking players right? I think only 2 or 3 managers one of which was Sparky have done it correct?

Just players.  O'Neill and Gibson are correct.  4 to go.