Indiana HS hoops

rico

1 hour ago, rico said:

I know Nic and Logan were in the same class.  The Plumlees, I ain't too sure were they fell in there.  But I know a heckuva lot of Warsaw fans think they should have had a dynasty.  And I am with them...they could have.  

I agree.. nic and logan would have been with two of the plumlees i believe.  They would have rolled through the competition..  ego in warsaw gets the best of them sometimes.  Boys and girls basketball...  You know how it is, we are probably the most hated town in the area

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I could have sworn I was watching an IU game last night.  Warsaw held a slim lead at the half, 4 IIRC.  In the 3rd, Plymouth went all Hoosiers and Warsaw got up by 19.  Then the Pilgrims started chipping away.  They cut it to 5 with about 3 to play.  But ran out of gas.....Warsaw 54-Plymouth 41.  That clinches at least a tie for the NLC title for the Tigers.

I did notice that Plymouth was sporting the Nike swoosh on their uniforms, Warsaw had Adidas on theirs.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

I see Warsaw slipped by Merrillville last night 60-55.  Tigers sit at 13-4 for the season.  They better be ready for their next two....at Carmel and then home against Elkhart Memorial.  

I haven't walked back into the tiger den since my daughter transferred.   I would much rather see valley or whitko do well :) Carmel and Memorial will probably take us to.the woodshed 

1 minute ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I haven't walked back into the tiger den since my daughter transferred.   I would much rather see valley or whitko do well :) Carmel and Memorial will probably take us to.the woodshed 

Their last game they have is against Fort Wayne Carroll as well.  3 tough ones in a row.  And I haven't been to the Tiger Den at all since 1985.  Remember, I am a Whitko grad.  My son graduated from Columbia City(they suck this year) and my daughter graduated from Whitko.  The 'Cats are so-so.....but they are in the same sectional as Westview.

23 minutes ago, rico said:

Their last game they have is against Fort Wayne Carroll as well.  3 tough ones in a row.  And I haven't been to the Tiger Den at all since 1985.  Remember, I am a Whitko grad.  My son graduated from Columbia City(they suck this year) and my daughter graduated from Whitko.  The 'Cats are so-so.....but they are in the same sectional as Westview.

Ogle does a pretty good job.. but as we talked about earlier. No matter what he does, he will always have that Plumlee cloud over him.  He just drives me crazy, when he sits on the ball.. I hate when teams hold the ball for minutes on end...  Ogle has no problem going long stretches, with his pg holding the ball at the top of the key

20 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Ogle does a pretty good job.. but as we talked about earlier. No matter what he does, he will always have that Plumlee cloud over him.  He just drives me crazy, when he sits on the ball.. I hate when teams hold the ball for minutes on end...  Ogle has no problem going long stretches, with his pg holding the ball at the top of the key

Maybe it is time to have a shot clock in HS hoops?

1 hour ago, hoosier_exotics said:

In HS, this is normally done when the opposing team is in a zone and the offense does not want to play against the zone.  I have no problem in holding the ball in those circumstances.  Otherwise, the zoning team has full control to dictate how the game is to be played.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

In HS, this is normally done when the opposing team is in a zone and the offense does not want to play against the zone.  I have no problem in holding the ball in those circumstances.  Otherwise, the zoning team has full control to dictate how the game is to be played.  

You are correct! That is when it happens most the time... but, I've been at Warsaw games where we literally  held the ball for 4+ minutes.   Nobody wants to watch that

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Or the offensive team can't shoot the 3.  We used to lick our chops in my day when a team threw a zone against us(and there was no 3).  Didn't take them long to pull out of that.

31 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

I was born and raised in Tell City and grew up hearing stories about coach Wyman. And we all hated those Jasper krauts. LOL.

Indiana basketball. Nothing better.

125314899_GunnerWyman.jpg.97985c1802b43a05ff59d4475f1a0118.jpg

Oh, the memories.  I remember 1981 very well because I was at the FF.  My cousin played for Warsaw.

As far as Tell City, I remember them too.....it was 1986 in the Dome!!!!!!!

Archived