Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

You made it sound like what he was saying about Dawson should be taken seriously since he was right about TJD

I meant that he has had solid intel in the past even though the D Wade stuff doesn’t appear to be accurate. That’s why I said few guys that get info are rarely 100% right all the time.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Here are a few reasons why I think Dawson will choose IU

1)  All of the quotes we heard after visits were a lot more positive about IU and how much love it here and the fan base.

2) His friendships with Leal and Galloway

3) Seems like the parents seemed to like each other as well

4) I just can't see any reason why anyone would choose Marquette over IU

He is ours 

On 11/17/2019 at 4:27 PM, Beowulf50 said:

I have put the bad part of the Crean years in the rear view and got my shades on cause the future is looking bright!!!

it does. are you enjoying coach adragna's youtube video breakdowns? good stuff for fans interested in more than just following the ball

56 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Just going to let the kid have his day.  No matter what happens I hope we don’t act stupid on social media if he picks another school.  He’s a good kid from a good family.  And no I’m not implying he’s going somewhere else.  Just relax and enjoy the fun times ahead. 

So what you are saying is no one really knows.

For a player like Dawson who is a high 4-star and usually stay in college for 2-3 years, player development would be the most important factor for the decision. Of course parents want to see his son's games, but that can't be the most critical factor. Hopefully Archie sold his plan and vision to Garcia family better than Wojo. 

1 minute ago, addictedtoIU said:

For a player like Dawson who is a high 4-star and usually stay in college for 2-3 years, player development would be the most important factor for the decision. Of course parents want to see his son's games, but that can't be the most critical factor. Hopefully Archie sold his plan and vision to Garcia family better than Wojo. 

Wojo was only extended because the school didn't want to start over. Boosters may say other wise with another poor season. That would be reason enough for me to point my kid in another direction.

33 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Wojo was only extended because the school didn't want to start over. Boosters may say other wise with another poor season. That would be reason enough for me to point my kid in another direction.

I said elsewhere, but this article does a great job of explaining it, the KEY to this extension is the buyout.  The school pitched it as a "new 5-year contract", even though it only exceeded the current contract by two years.  If the new contract extended the term two years but left the buyout where it was or made it more Marquette-friendly, the extension/new contract is mere window-dressing for recruiting purposes.  Since Marquette is a private school, there's no way to get the buyout number unless someone spills the beans.  No FOIA request will work, so Marquette and Wojo can pretend everything is hunky-dory even though extending a coach after a late-season meltdown and two high-profile transfers seems to make little sense.  Adding nothing to the buyout makes said extension make a lot more sense.  I could see the conversation going something like this...

"Woj...your team crapped out this season, but we're giving you another year to prove you're on the right track.  So that recruits aren't spooked, we'll push your contract out two more years, but at this time, we're not paying you anything extra to do that.  Have a killer season in 2019-2020 and we'll revisit that." Article link:

https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2019/5/7/18536232/marquette-golden-eagles-basketball-head-coach-steve-wojciechowski-contract-extension

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Kind of loose with the word "respected" huh?

Yeah, I guess that ship has sailed now.

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Nothing to do with the 20 beers leading up to those sliders. Haha...

Beer may have been the dynamite but Sliders are the blasting caps

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Isn't that a violation?  Gimme a break with this insider BS.  

Yes. It is. If in fact the school flew him in to meet a recruit.   Check IU's website for what constitutes a booster.  Dewayne qualifies as a booster on multiple fronts.

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

But if Wade happens to be there for some other activity then it’s totally fine. But also in this day and age how can people say something couldn’t have happened because it’s against the rules 

Correct. A casual encounter would not be a problem.  Just don't buy the kid a hamburger, or anything else.

However.  Didn't the insider from the other board say that Marq. flew Dewayne in to meet with Dawson ?  If true. That would be a violation. 

Archived