Jump to content

Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To quote someone on the trip today...”Visit went very well!”  That was said with a huge smile on their face also.

I’m hearing next week is a real possibility, and I mean real.

All I’m going to say is the IU coaches are very and I mean very optimistic.....

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Had a good chat with Dawson's AAU coach.  I think there are some good things in here that you will like about him that you can't really pick up from a highlight video.  Might have also buried the lead a bit.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-dawson-garcias-aau-coach-discusses-hoosiers-top-2020-target/

Great article.  It is one thing to have talent and another to have character. So pleased Coach is seeking to bring in great kids such as Dawson. Hope we get to see him develop first hand

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

Great article.  It is one thing to have talent and another to have character. So pleased Coach is seeking to bring in great kids such as Dawson. Hope we get to see him develop first hand

I haven't spoken to Dawson personally yet, but after talking to Leal, Galloway and Geronimo and then Garcia's coach, he seems like a really good fit with these guys.  Really intelligent, high character group.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I haven't spoken to Dawson personally yet, but after talking to Leal, Galloway and Geronimo and then Garcia's coach, he seems like a really good fit with these guys.  Really intelligent, high character group.

Good stuff, TDH.  Can't express how much I and our members appreciate all that you bring to Hoosier Sports Nation.  Don't ever stop.

Don't know if you saw it. In the Dakich suspended thread.  One member, though not mentioning you by name, talked about our members who do real journalism.  I am sure you are included in the group.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Had a good chat with Dawson's AAU coach.  I think there are some good things in here that you will like about him that you can't really pick up from a highlight video.  Might have also buried the lead a bit.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-dawson-garcias-aau-coach-discusses-hoosiers-top-2020-target/

Great info.  Another guy who is the first into the gym.  Culture, culture, culture.  These kids may try to one-up each other.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Great info.  Another guy who is the first into the gym.  Culture, culture, culture.  These kids may try to one-up each other.

I can remember 3 kids named Bryant, Anunoby and Morgan that did just that.  Couple more named Sheehey and Oladipo.  If memory serves, they all worked out decently. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m hearing next week is a real possibility, and I mean real.

I think you're probably right.  I think we get a commit on Sunday or early next week.  If not though it seems our chances go down dramatically if he isn't on board within a week.  Just how I see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m hearing next week is a real possibility, and I mean real.

I'm not going to disagree with that based on what I've heard, but I am still struggling to reconcile how it got this far without a visit.  It's like buying a house without seeing it.  His coach talked about how much Dawson values relationships, clearly if what we are hearing is right, Archie and Ostrom have done great work here.

The visit does feel more confirmatory than exploratory, I'll say that.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If Archie lands this kid, it will go a long way toward solidifying his position at IU regardless of how this season goes.  Would make the 2020 class a home run... Huge bounce back on the recruiting trail since that lull in the spring.

I agree. I mentioned prior, we need one game changer to go along with the very solid trio already committed.

Without Garcia, we have a good class. But good enough to keep us competitive and somewhere in the 4 to 7 range in conferemce.

Now, throw in a Garcia type player with the three we have and we have the type of class building that cam make.us elite.

Garcia is critical imo. Not just him individually, but because what he completes with Galloway,  Geronimo and Leal. Those 3 with Garcia and we really really have a foundation on top of what we already have in house.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mookied39 said:

 

 

Heart is all aflutter!

Indeed...this thread the past couple days remind me of when you ask a hot girls friend in high school if she will go out with you if you call her...and she comes back and says yes. Lol can’t wait til Friday night...or in this case next week lol!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope the kid enjoys his visit and hopefully it confirms everything our staff has been selling. I also hope he likes rain.

...... My wife and I really miss living in Bloomington. After I graduated from IU my wife and new born daughter moved to southern Indiana to begin by new teaching career. I don't care if its raining, snowing....there is just something special about Bloomington and being a part of the IU community!!   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

...... My wife and I really miss living in Bloomington. After I graduated from IU my wife and new born daughter moved to southern Indiana to begin by new teaching career. I don't care if its raining, snowing....there is just something special about Bloomington and being a part of the IU community!!   

Yep. All day long. Living in Indy we still get down there often. We'll never tire of the Bloomington feeling or vibe. Hope the visit goes well for Mr. Garcia. Some of these lineups I'm envisioning are pretty, pretty tasty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

...... My wife and I really miss living in Bloomington. After I graduated from IU my wife and new born daughter moved to southern Indiana to begin by new teaching career. I don't care if its raining, snowing....there is just something special about Bloomington and being a part of the IU community!!   

I agree. I for one am glad that you and the family moved to southern Indiana for sure. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

I agree. I mentioned prior, we need one game changer to go along with the very solid trio already committed.

Without Garcia, we have a good class. But good enough to keep us competitive and somewhere in the 4 to 7 range in conferemce.

Now, throw in a Garcia type player with the three we have and we have the type of class building that cam make.us elite.

Garcia is critical imo. Not just him individually, but because what he completes with Galloway,  Geronimo and Leal. Those 3 with Garcia and we really really have a foundation on top of what we already have in house.

Landing Garcia would be a Hellacious get..and I think Geronimo is going to end up being a very special player,couple that with Leal’s shooting and Galloway’s toughness and you have the makings of a tough Big10 team that we haven’t seen in awhile.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • KDB changed the title to Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...