Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we've got a real solid chance with two factors: 1) In-State 2) Relationship with TJD and Franklin

If TJD wasn't committed and our season has gone rough thus far, there may not be enough momentum for KBJ to really buy in at the moment. I think a strong finish this year for our team would help sway him. I know we've heard about the lock/definitely coming here talk, but I just can't wrap my mind around a kid going through the motions this hard if he really is a lock. Also, insiders you know I appreciate what you bring to the board so this is not a shot at any of those people...the inside tips definitely makes me feel more warm and fuzzy about this recruitment than if this info wasn't available to me. We shall see, I like our chances though if we can finish out this season strong. This is a huge stretch for Archie in many ways.

51 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/q-a-with-blue-blood-priority-keion-brooks

Some interesting comments here.  When talking about IU, he mentions that we are “struggling” right now.  Also says that he wants to be a one-and-done when asked about Kentucky.

Most college recruits want to be a one and done. That means that they had a really good freshman year. But the truth is only a few every year are legitimate one and dones. Will Keion be one? Time will tell. 

26 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Keion's opponent on Feb.15th. Culver's coach is the former coach at Carmel and his son is being recruited by Purdue, Indiana and Notre Dame. Culver won the 3A state championship last year. Hopefully it will be a good game.

LaLu will win by probably 40

58 minutes ago, Bob said:

Great, to hear Franklin can shoot. hopefully all the current players that will be back,  work on their shooting! 

How about they break out the machine Mo Creek used to use.  Didn't it rebound, pass him the ball and keep track of his shots?  I seem to remember seeing posts of him and his 3 point shot accuracy.  I'd like to see more of that, or at least some of it mixed in with the weight room/vertical jump stuff.

37 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

Those 2 statements seem to contradict each other.....

I “shook” it once and it gave me that answer.  I “shook” it a couple of more times and it kept giving me the same answer.  It was “coincidence” that it kept giving me the same answer, as if it were a resounding YES, he’s committing.

2 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Arch was very complimentary of Franklin's 3 ball this year. So he may be content with that

He said the same about Anderson. If we keep waiting for the freshmen every year to give us what we need we'll be in trouble for years, We need to get to where we sign so and so and say oh he'll be good for those 5 mins a gm. he will play his first year. I know you aren't saying Franklin will be a star next year just using your post.

Just got a message about Keion.  Not one that I wanted.  UNC is making a big surge for him and he’s wavering.  What’s this mean?  With the info I’ve posted recently it probably means he will commit to IU very soon.  Personally I’m starting to have my doubts he will be a Hoosier now. (Just my gut, nothing else.)

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Just got a message about Keion.  Not one that I wanted.  UNC is making a big surge for him and he’s wavering.  What’s this mean?  With the info I’ve posted recently it probably means he will commit to IU very soon.  Personally I’m starting to have my doubts he will be a Hoosier now. (Just my gut, nothing else.)

😞 I need lots of drinks now 

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He was just quoted as saying he wants to be one and done and then go make millions of dollars in the NBA. His mind isn't on school.

14 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Rabjohns said that UNC made a huge, embarrassing recruiting blunder with Keion and are pretty much out of it. 

Rivals writer said it's IU vs UNC

Lots of conflicting information

Archived