2019 MLB Discussion

rico

Great game to go to. Sat 2nd row in left field bleachers. I was not that obnoxious Reds fan in a see of blue so all went well. The family had a great day at the friendly confines and left with a W for Dad. Good times had by all.  Ayden gave Schwarber one of his Mito bracelets and Kyle wore it and hit a HR and a double. Ayden was pretty excited about that. 

The boys sold their Kris Bryant Bobble heads on the way out and made $20  each, after selling his Ayden just looks at me and says Dad you will give me your right? Too hard to say no to that boy!!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 Cubs fans right behind us when the game was tied 3-3 were saying that the Reds were so lucky to be in the game. That the Cubs were dominating.   The 3 solo home runs were just routine fly balls that the wind took. Calmly I turned around and said to one of them go tell Joe then to just have his guys hit some routine fly balls and that should take care of it. Then I followed up with, you do realized that 2 of your runs were scored by way of a wild pitch and a ball that hit the plate and bounced up 15 feet that led to an infield single and RBI for Heyward. If thats domination I would rather be lucky and just hit some routine fly balls that leave the park. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

2 Cubs fans right behind us when the game was tied 3-3 were saying that the Reds were so lucky to be in the game. That the Cubs were dominating.   The 3 solo home runs were just routine fly balls that the wind took. Calmly I turned around and said to one of them go tell Joe then to just have his guys hit some routine fly balls and that should take care of it. Then I followed up with, you do realized that 2 of your runs were scored by way of a wild pitch and a ball that hit the plate and bounced up 15 feet that led to an infield single and RBI for Heyward. If thats domination I would rather be lucky and just hit some routine fly balls that leave the park. 

yeah some Cubs fans are obnoxious and they have nothing to brag about

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

yeah some Cubs fans are obnoxious and they have nothing to brag about

They were not really obnoxious were really polite but I needed to let them know is a nice way the truth. I expected the worse to be honest but everyone was more than polite. I was not there to ruffle any feathers now 20 years ago and a few beers maybe different story. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

They were not really obnoxious were really polite but I needed to let them know is a nice way the truth. I expected the worse to be honest but everyone was more than polite. I was not there to ruffle any feathers now 20 years ago and a few beers maybe different story. 

that is good to hear

35 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The Cubs announcers kept bringing up the wind as well on the radio.  "Routine fly balls."  Yada, yada, yada...the wind didn't go away when the Cubs came to bat did it?  LOL

7 minutes ago, rico said:

The Cubs announcers kept bringing up the wind as well on the radio.  "Routine fly balls."  Yada, yada, yada...the wind didn't go away when the Cubs came to bat did it?  LOL

Let me answer that one for you, according to some in the bleachers the Cubs hitters are more disciplined and look to hit line drives and opposite field to move runners whereas the Reds just try to hit long fly balls and on a night like tonight the wind really helps the Reds and hurts the Cubs.  I can't make that stuff up. As alluded to earlier 1-11 with RISP I think the more disciplined and better  hitters belief was put to rest. 

11 minutes ago, rico said:

I ain't goona lie, I could of went yard last night. That is if I could have made contact. 

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Let me answer that one for you, according to some in the bleachers the Cubs hitters are more disciplined and look to hit line drives and opposite field to move runners whereas the Reds just try to hit long fly balls and on a night like tonight the wind really helps the Reds and hurts the Cubs.  I can't make that stuff up. As alluded to earlier 1-11 with RISP I think the more disciplined and better  hitters belief was put to rest. 

Wtf?  That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  They couldn't have been Cubs fans that actually follow them.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Last night on the Cubs broadcast they mentioned that the Reds were 2nd in team ERA behind the Dodgers...ironically the Cubs are 3rd.

Pitching hasn't been the Cubs problem this year. It gets plenty of attention but anyone who knows our team will say our average with RISP has killed us. 

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe the Reds just aren't as bad as you think they are and that the Cubs are just not as good as you think they are.  The Cubs defense is pretty bad and your relief pitching is not that good as well.  I also think with Maddon changing the lineup all the time and playing guys at different places hurts the defense.

Or just pointing out the Reds do have the worst record in our division. Some of you guys get a little sensitive on the Reds record. It is the worst in NL Central. The Cubs have the best yet we are 3-7 vs the worst team in Central. 

I will say this. As it relates to talent on a team I believe the Reds are performing as well as anyone to have the record they have. On the flip side the Cubs are probably performing as bad as anyone in the NL relative to talent on the team. You don't go to 4 straight post seasons, win a World Series, 2 NLCS trips with the same guys and hover at 6 games over .500.

This is a player problem. They just aren't delivering.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pitching hasn't been the Cubs problem this year. It gets plenty of attention but anyone who knows our team will say our average with RISP has killed us. 

I am with you, I follow them closely as you well know.  They just need a "shake-up."

1 minute ago, rico said:

I am with you, I follow them closely as you well know.  They just need a "shake-up."

It's coming. Theo commented yesterday on the radio that sure they were happy to sweep Pirates but it's the first series we've won in a month. He was hoping the guys weren't getting proud of themselves because we have a looooooooooooong way to go.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

It's coming. Theo commented yesterday on the radio that sure they were happy to sweep Pirates but it's the first series we've won in a month. He was hoping the guys weren't getting proud of themselves because we have a looooooooooooong way to go.

Yes sir.  Tonight will have something to say....

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

2 guys with 1 girl both trying to impress her was my best guess. 

I think it was Martha Stewart who said, "There are three things all women think they can do better than any other woman. Woo a man, cook a meal, and manage a baseball team."

😁

Archived