NBA Thread

20 minutes ago, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

Oklahoma City and Minnesota are kicking ass in the playoffs but the NBA favors large markets...yeah, that must be it.

Best player on both teams missed the entire 2nd quarter....

Second best (healthy) player on Knicks missed the entire 4th quarter....

Pacers blow an 11 point lead and Tyrese disappears again....

Knicks scored 130 points on 92 possessions.....

Knicks outrebounded Pacers 44 to 34.....

Pacers missed a ton of clutch free throws down the stretch....

Carlisle inexplicably benches the only guy who seemed to be able to slow Brunson for last minutes of game....

Pacers were whistled for just 3 more fouls than the Knicks....

OMG - stop with all the whiny excuses.  Knicks beat Pacers again because they are a better team with more heart, more toughness, more grit and more talent.

Pacers fans need to face facts.  You are down 2-0 because the Knicks kicked your asses and are better and Brunson is twice the player Halliburton is.

Deal with it.

You sound like a troll. Trolls usually confuse facts and excuses. But yeah, deal with it. lol tf

More grit lol... more toughness lol... more heart lol 

Edited by btownqb

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You sound like a troll. Trolls usually confuse facts and excuses. But yeah, deal with it. lol tf

More grit lol... more toughness lol... more heart lol 

Truth hurts sometimes.  Facts are facts.

i don’t blame the refs when IU loses.  I won’t blame the refs if Pacers win next two in Indy.  And I try to understand why my team lost not seek some convenient excuses and conspiracy theories.  Until Carlisle showed his true colors I was impressed with Pacers players not blaming refs for losing.  Was hoping that they could take the loss with class.  Not like Philly. 

How about recognzing JB and Hart and Donte and OG for the incredible game and season they are having?  If OG had those three with him when he was at IU, we’d have two more banners, not Villanova

Edited by HoosierDaddyNYC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

Truth hurts sometimes.  Facts are facts.

i don’t blame the refs when IU loses.  I won’t blame the refs if Pacers win next two in Indy.  And I try to understand why my team lost not seek some convenient excuses and conspiracy theories.  Until Carlisle showed his true colors I was impressed with Pacers players not blaming refs for losing.  Was hoping that they could take the loss with class.  Not like Philly. 

How about recognzing JB and Hart and Donte and OG for the incredible game and season they are having?  If OG had those three with him when he was at IU, we’d have two more banners, not Villanova

Idc who you blame when IU loses. Watching those games and thinking there is nothing wrong with how poorly the games are officiated and absolutely detrimental it's been to the Pacers is some biased shit. 

I think Brunson has turned into a complete douche. 

Facts are--- He's a flopper. 

And then you think about the 4 missed calls at the end of game 1... how could Pacers fans NOT think there is a conspiracy? Tf lol 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I've never been a big "pro sports are fixed" kind of guy, but I think the NBA badly wants New York and Boston in the next round so at least one of them will be in the finals. The other six teams are small markets that just don't move the needle. 

100% agree.  That's exactly what is going on.  

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Idc who you blame when IU loses. Watching those games and thinking there is nothing wrong with how poorly the games are officiated and absolutely detrimental it's been to the Pacers is some biased shit. 

I think Brunson has turned into a complete douche. 

Facts are--- He's a flopper. 

And then you think about the 4 missed calls at the end of game 1... how could Pacers fans NOT think there is a conspiracy? Tf lol 

Whatever gets you through the night.  Copium is a powerful drug.  

Anyone who claims to know basketball and has watched Brunson at all this season knows better.

Stay bitter my man, stay bitter

5 minutes ago, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

Whatever gets you through the night.  Copium is a powerful drug.  

Anyone who claims to know basketball and has watched Brunson at all this season knows better.

Stay bitter my man, stay bitter

Take Pacers and Knicks fans out of the equation, and the overwhelming sentiment of unbiased NBA viewers is that the Pacers are getting screwed.  And to be clear, I'm not talking about anything the Knicks players do or don't do.  I'm specifically calling out the officials for a biased whistle at the direction of the league office and I firmly believe that the NBA wants a Knicks / Celtics Eastern Conference Championship matchup.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

Take Pacers and Knicks fans out of the equation, and the overwhelming sentiment of unbiased NBA viewers is that the Pacers are getting screwed.  And to be clear, I'm not talking about anything the Knicks players do or don't do.  I'm specifically calling out the officials for a biased whistle and firmly believe that they want a Knicks / Celtics Eastern Conference Championship matchup.  

Let’s see what happens the next two games in Indy before you all go down the conspiracy wormhole.  NBA reffing (which I have always acknowledged is an impossible job) always leans towards the home team.  It’s a simple fact.  It’s also a fact that the best teams figure out a way to overcome adversity and win regardless of what is stacked against them (like losing Randle, Bogdanavich, Robinson, Brunson for part of the game, and now OG).  No excuses.  11 point lead in third quarter.  Stop blaming the refs and sack up and finish the job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Some think when you say the refs  influence the game they think it means they show so much favoritism to one team. Is isn't thinking the refs will call 38 fouls on one team and 8 the other team. It is all about the time and what gets called and what doesn't get called. The Pacers gets a 10-12 point lead and then the refs start calling things they have allowed all game. This stops the momentum of the leading team and allows the team to come back.

Look at game 1 I heard someone say that there were a 142 picks set in the game. Only two were called illegal screens. One in the first quarter and then on the Pacers with 12 seconds to go down 1. Probably over 80% of the screens could be called illegal screens. It is the time they decide to fall that foul is what can been seen as a ref showing favoritism.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

Oklahoma City and Minnesota are kicking ass in the playoffs but the NBA favors large markets...yeah, that must be it.

Best player on both teams missed the entire 2nd quarter....

Second best (healthy) player on Knicks missed the entire 4th quarter....

Pacers blow an 11 point lead and Tyrese disappears again....

Knicks scored 130 points on 92 possessions.....

Knicks outrebounded Pacers 44 to 34.....

Pacers missed a ton of clutch free throws down the stretch....

Carlisle inexplicably benches the only guy who seemed to be able to slow Brunson for last minutes of game....

Pacers were whistled for just 3 more fouls than the Knicks....

OMG - stop with all the whiny excuses.  Knicks beat Pacers again because they are a better team with more heart, more toughness, more grit and more talent.

Pacers fans need to face facts.  You are down 2-0 because the Knicks kicked your asses and are better and Brunson is twice the player Halliburton is.

Deal with it.

Are those teams playing the Knicks no. I have seen it to many times when the Pacers getting hosed by the refs while the Knicks in the playoffs. Larry Johnson's 4 point play was the worst call I have ever seen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ledies22 said:

was at as bad as any of Loyers?

Always thought Sasha was worse 

Loyer is a stick figure guarding 24 year old 5-6 year players half the time 

Brunson is so good at bumping the defense and setting up a move or a foul 

PS. Pacers could block out Hart or guard “white Dante the kid from mean streets of Delaware”   Kinda respect the toughness of the Knicks… bunch of guys nobody wanted 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Always thought Sasha was worse 

Loyer is a stick figure guarding 24 year old 5-6 year players half the time 

Brunson is so good at bumping the defense and setting up a move or a foul 

PS. Pacers could block out Hart or guard “white Dante the kid from mean streets of Delaware”   Kinda respect the toughness of the Knicks… bunch of guys nobody wanted 

• Haha 3

https://sports.yahoo.com/is-pacers-coach-rick-carlisle-right-to-be-upset-about-officiating-in-knicks-series-and-a-big-market-bias-170107831.html

People act like what Carlisle is doing us something new but coaches have been doing it for years. I remember the 98 ECF when after every game the losing coach would use the media to complain about the refs. Guys like Phil Jackson and Pat Riley was the masters of this. Larry Bird matched Jackson in that 98 playoff series.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Frank Vogel let go after 1 year in Phoenix. 

For those keeping score at home Trilly said this in Mid-March.

All these superstars got old fast. Instead of teaming up they should have jumped ship to one of these young and up and coming teams like OKC, Minnesota, or Orlando….where they can get some help….old and broken down guys won’t help Durant…would think he would have figured that out by now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

All these superstars got old fast. Instead of teaming up they should have jumped ship to one of these young and up and coming teams like OKC, Minnesota, or Orlando….where they can get some help….old and broken down guys won’t help Durant…would think he would have figured that out by now.

Not a Durant fan whatsoever so I love his jumping and failing. Kind of like Paul George.

• Like 1

As a coach you do and say whatever you have to in order to give  your team the best chance at success. Game 1 the Pacers got screwed even  Mike Greenberg the biggest Knick scrotum toter even said that. Carlisle took the high road and said the pacers did not take advantage of what they needed to to win. all is accurate and true. Even with the refs screw job they had their chances and blew it. Since the officiated was not any better in Game 2 i don't blame Rick for what he said and did. in the end if that is beneficial to the Pacers i dont care how it looks to the outside world. Rick has a locker room to protect and do what he has to to win playoff games. 

The Pacers put themself in position to win both and were not up to it in clutch time and the Knicks were. The Knicks won both games by making plays. The refs did not lose the games for the Pacers but they sure as heck did not help them in any way shape or form. The "inadvertent" whistle with the hand motion that is exactly the same as a double dribble call get changed when officials get together but a kick ball that turned into a 5 pt play does not. Rick has every right to be pissed and these officials look like idiots. Now if the Pacers get the benefit of the doubt and still lose at home Rick has little room to work with. At this point down 0-2 I don't blame his strategy and as a Pacer fan I could care less how this makes me look. MJ was the biggest dick in the sport but 6 rings speak for themself

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

The Pacers put themself in position to win both and were not up to it in clutch time and the Knicks were. The Knicks won both games by making plays. The refs did not lose the games for the Pacers but they sure as heck did not help them in any way shape or form.

I think that pretty well sums it up. People can whine about the refs until they turn blue, but the refs did not cause Turner to only get two rebounds in the first game. They didn't cause Nembhard to be a jersey grabber throughout both games. They didn't cause Carlisle to put McConnell (the only guard doing a good job on Brunson) on the bench at the end of game two. They didn't cause a number of other shortcomings by the Pacers.

We need to remember the Pacers had trouble with Milwaukee in that series, even though Giannis did not play, and Lillard missed most of the series. Heck the Knicks have been missing Randle and Bogdanovic this whole series.

Our Pacers just need to play harder and smarter and not put themselves in situations where anything other than the players can make a difference. That would go a long way.

Edited by Tom White