NBA Thread

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just disappointed in the refs and NBA. You can't screw up not one but two calls in the final minute and influence the game. 

One of the main reasons people don't watch the NBA is the final minute last night.

A couple call earlier killed the Pacers as well. The over turn of the foul on Brunson was terrible. Also not giving Haliburton the and 1 earlier in the game was bad. I have seen guys get fouled and take 3 dribbles and still get the and 1.

• Like 1

Now the frustration with the refs are done, the Pacers need to have Haliburton show up for these games. He has to still be injured because he does not look even close to the player he was at the beginning of the year. They also need to play defense without fouling and do a better job rebounding.

Listening to the radio today they are talking about an illegal screen that wasn't called on the Knicks. I guess it happened on the same possession as the no kick ball play. They said Decivengo? had his arms around the Pacers defender and no call.

Edited by IU Scott

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Listening to the video audio today they are talking about an illegal screen that wasn't called on the Knicks. I guess it happened on the same possession as the no kick ball play. They said Decivengo? had his arms around the Pacers defender and no call.

I haven’t seen the replay but I remember seeing a screen set by the Knicks towards the end of the game and I thought it was a blatant illegal screen but of course nothing was called. And then they go back down the court and Turner gets called with that. Can’t say I’m surprised with the officiating though 

13 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

I haven’t seen the replay but I remember seeing a screen set by the Knicks towards the end of the game and I thought it was a blatant illegal screen but of course nothing was called. And then they go back down the court and Turner gets called with that. Can’t say I’m surprised with the officiating though 

Here you go

• Thanks 2

Great first half by the Pacers up 73-63 but Knicks has cut it to 5 and now the refs are starting to give the Knicks some calls. Also Brunson back in the after missing the second quarter with a foot injury. The Pacers defense has been horrible and let the Knicks have way to many paint points.

The fix is in Knicks now up 5. Turner gets clobbered going to the basket with no call. Another bogus offensive foul on Turner and another kick ball when it wasn't a kick ball.

The refs and the NBA kissing the ass of the large markets is the main reason I stopped watching most of the NBA.

Edited by IU Scott

I don't understand why McConnell and Toppin didn't play the last 6 minutes of the game. McConnell was a +10 and all the bench players were + and Neismith and Turner combined for 13 points.

Defense was horrible all game and our rebounding late killed our chances of winning.

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40111250/pacers-file-complaint-78-calls-nba-source-says

I gave up on the NBA providing a fair whistle years ago.  And, as a result, I simply do not watch.  The NBA will always cater to the big markets first and named players second.  A small market TEAM is at a distinct disadvantage, especially in the playoffs.

My son, however, is absolutely apoplectic about the officiating in the Pacers/Knocks series.  If the story above is to be considered remotely accurate, this might be one of the biggest fixes of all time. There used to be a time where an investigative reporter would deep dive into this kind of story and the league would have genuine concerns that something truly criminal would be found.  Unfortunately, in today's environment, the league owns the press as well and, while allowing for surface stories such as this one, you can believe they are already shutting the doors on anything substantial coming out of this.

I'll just say what I said after Game 1. Officiating is a reason a lot of people have just turned off the NBA over the years.....and the record low ratings prove it.

Hopefully the Pacers get home and find some momentum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40111250/pacers-file-complaint-78-calls-nba-source-says

I gave up on the NBA providing a fair whistle years ago.  And, as a result, I simply do not watch.  The NBA will always cater to the big markets first and named players second.  A small market TEAM is at a distinct disadvantage, especially in the playoffs.

My son, however, is absolutely apoplectic about the officiating in the Pacers/Knocks series.  If the story above is to be considered remotely accurate, this might be one of the biggest fixes of all time. There used to be a time where an investigative reporter would deep dive into this kind of story and the league would have genuine concerns that something truly criminal would be found.  Unfortunately, in today's environment, the league owns the press as well and, while allowing for surface stories such as this one, you can believe they are already shutting the doors on anything substantial coming out of this.

I've never been a big "pro sports are fixed" kind of guy, but I think the NBA badly wants New York and Boston in the next round so at least one of them will be in the finals. The other six teams are small markets that just don't move the needle. 

Oklahoma City and Minnesota are kicking ass in the playoffs but the NBA favors large markets...yeah, that must be it.

Best player on both teams missed the entire 2nd quarter....

Second best (healthy) player on Knicks missed the entire 4th quarter....

Pacers blow an 11 point lead and Tyrese disappears again....

Knicks scored 130 points on 92 possessions.....

Knicks outrebounded Pacers 44 to 34.....

Pacers missed a ton of clutch free throws down the stretch....

Carlisle inexplicably benches the only guy who seemed to be able to slow Brunson for last minutes of game....

Pacers were whistled for just 3 more fouls than the Knicks....

OMG - stop with all the whiny excuses.  Knicks beat Pacers again because they are a better team with more heart, more toughness, more grit and more talent.

Pacers fans need to face facts.  You are down 2-0 because the Knicks kicked your asses and are better and Brunson is twice the player Halliburton is.

Deal with it.

Edited by HoosierDaddyNYC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1