NBA Thread

20 hours ago, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

Most teams in the NBA have had more success over the last 30 years than the Knicks so that's not saying much and please don't even get me started with the Jets.  As a Jets fan, I am just waiting for the sky to fall.  And yes, these Knicks are  #2 seed and they over-achieved to get there (injuries to Randle, OG, Mitch, etc. etc.) and that's why NY has fallen in love with this team.  As far as NYers being more front-runner than any other fans - sorry, but I have to disagree.  What fan speaks up when his team sucks?  Not me - I suffer in silence and wait for my moments to crow (and trust me when I tell you they have been far and few between).  And I don't hate this Pacers team (although Halliburton looks pretty heartless right now).  I hate Reggie Miller but that's another story entirely.   I appreciate your love for NYC and despite what some may think, I'm not here as a troll (although I've been trolling the last week - but as the string will show, I only joined in when I heard endless excuses for the Knicks wins in game 1 and 2).  I'm here because I became a huge fan of IU and Hoosier basketball during my daughter's four years in Bloomington.  She loves Bloomington and IU and so do I.  Let's go Knicks.  

This Pacer Knick rivalry is great for sports. It would suck if we all agreed on things this place would be boring. I love the back and forth etc.. I wanted to be a lawyer  but ended up teaching US History for 20 years. I love arguing Ii mean discussing things. When I attended IU in the mid 90's many of my friends were from the east coast lots of New Yorkers. Hopefully we get back to NYC next year. The last 2 trips to the East Coast we spent some time in New York but not NYC. We have to get to a Mets game. Our family tries to visit 1 or 2 MLB stadiums a year and an East coast trip next summer would be nice. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I just can't watch ESPN pre game shows because of the Knicks homerism. Never liked Stephen A and he should never get able to do Knick games.

I've always referred to him as Screamin' A. Smith. For obvious reasons.

As a fan of a team consistently ruined by injuries, I'm entirely empathetic to the Knicks plight here.  Brunson is the real deal and injuries suck, so their performance is commendable at the least.

However - this is the Thibs way.  He gets the most out of players but he breaks them in the process.

DiVincenzo is a punk.  I'd love him if he was on my team, though.  He's a fake tough guy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

As a fan of a team consistently ruined by injuries, I'm entirely empathetic to the Knicks plight here.  Brunson is the real deal and injuries suck, so their performance is commendable at the least.

However - this is the Thibs way.  He gets the most out of players but he breaks them in the process.

DiVincenzo is a punk.  I'd love him if he was on my team, though.  He's a fake tough guy.

100% on Thibs. He's almost like Knight was at tail end of career where by the end of the season the players were beat up, broke down or just wanted season to end.

Hoping the Pacers get this one today. Either way. Huge progress for the Pacers as an organization this year. Been to more games this season than the last few years combined.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Hoping for the best today, but something tells me that a 7th game in MSG will just be too much for these young Pacers to overcome.

I think the key is if OG and or Hart can play. No matter how you look at it,  they won’t be 100%. However, any percentage of one or the other is an advantage to think Knicks. Let’s hope the Pacers find that new gear today that quiets all these national, pro-Knicks supporters!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I think the key is if OG and or Hart can play. No matter how you look at it,  they won’t be 100%. However, any percentage of one or the other is an advantage to think Knicks. Let’s hope the Pacers find that new gear today that quiets all these national, pro-Knicks supporters!

Especially, Stephen A.

• Like 1

As a Knicks fan, I can honestly say I have always hated Stephen A. Smith.  Self-promoting ass.  Always looking for a sound bite.  All flash, no substance.  Wish he wasn’t a Knicks fan. FYI -   I’m very worried about today’s game. Just too many injuries to overcome.  Either way, both team can take a lot away from their progress this year regardless of what happens today and hopefully both can build on the momentum next year because NBA is better with both NY and Indy being contenders.  Oh, and F the Pacers!  LFG Knicks!!  lol!!!

• Like 1

Pacers.  Two legit guys in TH and PS plus waves of young, fresh legs and a GREAT coach.   They caught some breaks with Giannis and Lillard being hurt but they are going to be a huge problem in the East in the future.  The thing is when you win these big games, it really sets you up for the future because you know you can do it.  When you lose, there’s always that doubt and it becomes a hurdle.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Pacers.  Two legit guys in TH and PS plus waves of young, fresh legs and a GREAT coach.   They caught some breaks with Giannis and Lillard being hurt but they are going to be a huge problem in the East in the future.  The thing he when you win these big games, it really sets you up for the future because you know you can do it.  When you lose, there’s always that doubt and it becomes a hurdle.  

Exactly!  This is huge for the young guys.  Am I correct in saying only Turner, Siakam, and McConnell are the only rotation guys who had prior playoff experience?

• Like 1

Huge win for the Pacers. 

It was huge to come out early and took control of the game. Got a little worried at the start of the 3rd quarter when they cut the lead to 6. The way they responded to that run showed a lot of maturity