NBA Thread

On 5/21/2024 at 11:32 PM, 5fouls said:

Gotta get the ball inbounds.

Haliburton needed to take th he ball to the rim on the last play if regulation.  

Yes…some horrible coaching. First off they had a timeout and could have advanced the ball past half court after the foul…second they had no one coming to the ball (you never run towards the other teams basket where they can undercut the pass…third should have had a Myles Turner as a relief valve for him to screen and then roll back to the unbounder where they could have thrown it high for him to catch (as Boston had no one capable of defending him). It’s like Pacers didn’t anticipate having an issue inbounding….to top it all off they still haven’t learned to foul and gave up the 3…ugh wasted a huge chance to make this a long series.

Edited by dgambill

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers up 27-25 after 1. We are getting killed on the boards. Boston has 6 offensive rebounds that led to 7 points. Lady game it was points off turnovers to ight it is second chance points that is hurting us.

Boston just got 4 offensive rebounds on one possession that leg to another basket 

Boston starts the 2nd quarter on a 17-0 run. This is the 3rd run of 12-0 or more for Boston in the series. Pacers played so well in the first quarter but can't do anything so far this quarter.

Edited by IU Scott

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The Pacers had the end of the bench in at the 4 minute mark and Boston still had 3 starters in including Tatum and Brown 

The Celtics had a weeks rest prior to the series. The Pacers have basically been playing every other day plus travel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty good start for the Pacers down 32-31 after 1. Without Hailburton I am hoping for us to just be competitive and not get blown out. The Celtics came out hot and hit their first 6 shots but gone Pacers hunt in there 

8 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Jrue Holiday literally tackled Nemhard. Wonder if he has any eligibility, looks good as a defensive back

It wasn't a tackle but you KNOW that’s a foul if Tatum/Brown were in Nembhard’s position there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Would have been harder to believe if we hadn't already watched the Pacers blow a 19 point lead against the Bucks and nearly blow a 23 point lead to the Knicks. 

What game did we blow the 19 points lead to the Bucks. I am pretty sure both games the Bucks won were blow outs in game 1 and 5. Also I don't remember what Knicks game we almost blew the 24 points lead to the Knicks

Looking at the stats makes me wonder how a team who shoots 46 3's still gets to the line 26 times. The Pacers outscored Boston 68-40 in the paint yet Boston was 20-26 from the line and the Pacers 14-14. 

Total FG Pacers 46, Boston 39

3's Celtics 16-46, Pacers 5-22

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What game did we blow the 19 points lead to the Bucks. I am pretty sure both games the Bucks won were blow outs in game 1 and 5. Also I don't remember what Knicks game we almost blew the 24 points lead to the Knicks

Wasn't referring to the outcome. The Pacers were up 19 on the Bucks in Game 3 and fell behind in the fourth. They were up 52-30 on the Knicks in Game 7 and it got to be 73-67 later on. This team has had trouble holding on to big leads. 

• Like 1