NBA Thread

3 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Pacers nearly blew a 20 point lead last night but hold on for a HUGE win over the Heat. They control their own destiny for a Top 6 placement in the East with the tiebreaker edge over both Miami and Philly. Avoiding the play-in games would be nice. 

More importantly they just went over my win total for them this year. a nice little payout for what I put down before the season. They made me wonder with some horrible losses this year.

With the Knicks hurt  that would be the ideal matchup in rd 1 if they can get up to the 3 seed and they fall back…great matchup with Haliburton vs Brunson. Very tight race so be interesting to see how it plays out. Just stay out of the Celtics side of the bracket.

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

With the Knicks hurt  that would be the ideal matchup in rd 1 if they can get up to the 3 seed and they fall back…great matchup with Haliburton vs Brunson. Very tight race so be interesting to see how it plays out. Just stay out of the Celtics side of the bracket.

The Knicks do miss Randle, but they are adapting pretty well. Yes, avoiding the Celtics for a bit would be good. The Pacers have done very well vs the Bucks, but will that hold up come playoff time?

On 4/8/2024 at 11:46 AM, Tom White said:

The Knicks do miss Randle, but they are adapting pretty well. Yes, avoiding the Celtics for a bit would be good. The Pacers have done very well vs the Bucks, but will that hold up come playoff time?

...and down goes The Freak.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/giannis-antetokounmpo-injury-bucks-star-leaves-win-over-celtics-with-strained-calf/

pacers go 2-0 and Bucks go 0-3 you can say hello to you central division champion Indiana Pacers.  The greak freak injury makes this possible.  Bucks play magic twice(who are still playing for better seeding possibilities) and OKC(who are still playing for better seeing possibilities).  Pacers play Cavs and Atlanta

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, rico said:

Are we, Pacer fans, rooting for Orlando or Milwaukee?  NBA FEVER.  catch it

I was. 6 seed seems like the play if we want to dream about a deep playoff run. Avoid Boston as long a possible.

Now, the Bulls and Knicks decide our opponent. Knicks win, we play the Bucks. Bulls win, we play the Knicks! 

Pacers look like a lottery team…I mean horrible defense, horrible shooting, horrible offense….i mean Haliburton is like a ghost. Can’t be an all star or superstar and disappear in the same playoffs. Someone needs to get in his face and challenge him.